In Zone?

Options
I have a really dumb question that I should know the answer to, but don't...I recently got a HRM and have been using it daily during my workouts. When I finish my workout and look at my calories burned, max and average heart rate it also tells me the time i was "in zone". What exactly does "in zone" mean? I have a broad understanding of it but if someone could explain it to me in lamest terms, it would helpful!

Replies

• DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My guess would be target heart rate zone, between x and Y beats per minute, for optimal fat loss or cardiovascular health.

Just a guess though
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's how much time you spent in your target heart rate range. Usually between 65 and 85 percent of your maximum heart rate depending on how you adjust the settings
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/heart-rate-calculators/hrzone

Try this link. Gives a pretty clear breakdown of the different Zones.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It is the amount of time you spent in your target HR zone. Your fitness goals will dictate what HR zones you should be targeting and how often. I would assume by default, your zones would be set to aerobic. Working in the appropriate HR zones prevents you from over-training or under-training.
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My in zone time is generally a large portion of my time spent exercising, unless it's something like volleyball that doesn't get my heart rate going as fast. I will check out the website mentioned. I'm new to this whole HRM thing so just trying to figure it all out. Thanks!