What do you think of Refirm (Diet Pills):

Options
What do you think of Refirm (Diet Pills)
I really feel tempted to trying these, but if any of you have had any success/bad stories to share, would you please? thanks!

it's suppose to:
•Increase Metabolism*
•Control Appetite*
•Features Metabolism-Boosting Multivitamins*
•Burn Belly Fat and Shrink Fat Cells*
and the ingredients are:
AM Effective

•Caffeine Anhydrous
•Green Coffee Bean Extract
•Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract
•Yerba Mate Leaf Extract
•b-Phenylethylamine
•N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
•Raspberry Ketones
•White Kidney Bean Extract
•Cayenne Pepper Fruit Extract
•Green Tea Leaf Extract
•Guarana Seed Extract
PM

•Green Tea Leaf Extract
•Dandelion Whole Plant Extract
•Senna Leaf Extract
•Cascara Sagrada Bark Extract
•5-Hydroxytryptophan
•Ginger Root Extract
•Wakame

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    There are no success stories...diet pills don't work - otherwise no one would be fat.....Take the money and spend it on a basket full of fruit and veggies - it will do you more good....
  • EmAnCiNaS
    EmAnCiNaS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There are no success stories...diet pills don't work - otherwise no one would be fat.....Take the money and spend it on a basket full of fruit and veggies - it will do you more good....

What if its cmbined with eating healthy and exercising? what would difference pills from shakes (like Body by vi, herbalife and all those things they sell)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Gonna take them for life? If not, then it's temporary. That's why people keep coming back to dieting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    unless a doctor/dietitian tells you to (and they wont), its a waste of money. swap tea for soda, make healthy choices, and move more.
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options

What if its cmbined with eating healthy and exercising? what would difference pills from shakes (like Body by vi, herbalife and all those things they sell)

the eating healthy and exercising are what works, not the pills and shakes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Save your money. eat right, do your cardio.

and lift your weights....resistance training goes a long way in reducing body fat while maintaining muscle mass. In the absence of resistance training, you lose a lot of muscle and end up retarding your metabolism. Then, when you get to goal weight...then you have to go through all of the trouble of trying to build some of that mass back up to help maintain a healthy weight while being able to eat more than bird seed.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tried something similar to those years ago, and I saw no noticeable effect.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Why spend money on them if you're eating right and exercising?

IDEA Fitness member
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What if its cmbined with eating healthy and exercising?

No. The healthy eating and exercising alone will take care of it.

Trust me. I've bought more of that garbage than I care to admit in the past.
    I never lost one single ounce until I changed my eating habits and started a regular exercise / activity routine.

Raspberry Ketone... GARBAGE..
    Slim Quick... GARBAGE.
    Refirm... GARBAGE
    Stacker... GARBAGE.
    ANY KIND OF MAGIC PILL, DRINK, SHAKE, BEANS, RABBITS FOOT - GARBAGE
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I received a 3-day sample of Refirm a couple of months ago. I took them for about a day and a half then became very ill. I was incredibly nauseous, dizzy and my vision was blurry. I didn't take the rest of the sample. I agree with everyone else: eating right and excercise is what does the trick.
  • EmAnCiNaS
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I have been eating healthier and exercising, but havent dropped any more weight in the last 3 weeks, so I heard about this pills (that suppose to help with suborn fat, but wanted to get more opinion first..)
  • EmAnCiNaS
    Options
    I received a 3-day sample of Refirm a couple of months ago. I took them for about a day and a half then became very ill. I was incredibly nauseous, dizzy and my vision was blurry. I didn't take the rest of the sample. I agree with everyone else: eating right and excercise is what does the trick.

this is the stories I waanted to hear .. Thanks for sharing your experience.. this has halped me to reduce my temptation!
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits a plateau. I've been on one for 6 months. You just have to keep doing what you're doing. It's not all about the scale either. Muscle weighs more - so if you're strength training then you won't see the number go down all the time. I know it's hard - trust me. I have to keep telling myself that. I'm trying to go by how my clothes fit and how I feel physically/emotionally etc. Not the number on the stupid scale. No pill works - and most have AWFUL side effects that aren't worth it even if they did.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Save your money. eat right, do your cardio.

Say your prayers, Train hard, and eat your vitamins, little Hulkamaniacs
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I have been eating healthier and exercising, but havent dropped any more weight in the last 3 weeks, so I heard about this pills (that suppose to help with suborn fat, but wanted to get more opinion first..)

Weight loss is not linear, and your body does not have a calendar....The only thing that removes stubborn fat is excersice and a calorie deficit - do something different , eat something different - a little more, or a little less - Pills will not make a difference other than possibly making you sick and definitely making you poorer.....
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

It's a stall then. Not uncommon if you've been at it for awhile. Make sure you're getting enough rest, enough calories and try bumping your intensity of your exercise up a notch.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Valerie_Malone
    Valerie_Malone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If there was a magic potion, I think Oprah would've found it by now.
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would save your money....I wasted my money three years ago trying herbalife and I can honestly say it wasnt for me. I got tired of shakes all the time and I truly wasn't moving the scale. I then decided July of last year to try mfp and can say I am the lowest I have been in years just by learning portion control and cutting out foods that I truly didnt need. Like others have said exchange things and keep moving. We are all here to help each other out. Good luck
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I really feel tempted to trying these, but if any of you have had any success/bad stories to share, would you please? thanks!

it's suppose to:
    •Increase Metabolism*
    •Control Appetite*
    and the ingredients are:
    AM Effective

•Caffeine Anhydrous
    •Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract
    •Yerba Mate Leaf Extract
    •b-Phenylethylamine
    •N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
    •Raspberry Ketones
    •White Kidney Bean Extract
    •Cayenne Pepper Fruit Extract
    •Green Tea Leaf Extract
    •Guarana Seed Extract
    PM

•Green Tea Leaf Extract
    •Dandelion Whole Plant Extract
    •Senna Leaf Extract
    •Cascara Sagrada Bark Extract
    •5-Hydroxytryptophan
    •Ginger Root Extract
    •Wakame

All of that is stuffed into a 700mg prop blend, with caffeine prob being at least 1/3 or so of the blend :/
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

it's suppose to:
    •Increase Metabolism*
    •Control Appetite*

Note those asterisks? They mean "these claims have not been proven". As in there is is no evidence that these pills do any of the things they claim they do. Why would you spend money buying a product that cannot back up it's claims? Would you buy a TV if it had an asterisk next to it saying that the picture did not work?