My Insanity Results - 17.5lbs down - almost 1/2 to my goal!

Options
dsendre
dsendre Posts: 173 Member
Today was my last Insanity workout so I thought I'd share some progress pics. Still have ~22lbs to go before I reach my goal but Insanity has definitely given me a great start!

My stats:
33 years old
5' 10"
Starting Weight: 213 lbs

The pics:
Day16toDay64Comparison-FrontView75_zps10636fe5.jpg

Day16toDay64Comparison-SideView75_zps9b215d01.jpg

Really wish I would have taken pics that show my thighs/butt since that's where the most dramatic change has occurred, but sadly I did not. I went from a size 36 pants to 33...and now the 33s are hanging on me.

The proof:
CompletedInsanityWorkoutSheet25_zps6bd348ce.jpg

(These charts are actually from yesterday)
WeightLost_zpsf0e53288.jpg

CaloriesBurned_zps295a4cf2.jpg

NetCaloriesConsumed_zps4449dae6.jpg

I did not follow the Insanity nutrition plan but instead changed my eating habits to eat more whole/non-packaged foods, consumed significantly more vegetables by making homemade juices for breakfast and significantly reduced my sodium intake. I followed MFP's dietary suggestions first to lose 2lbs/week but quickly realized that I was not eating enough due to being very irritable, easily annoyed and having a short fuse. I changed my MFP diet settings to 1.5 lbs/week and noticed a considerable change in attitude (back to normal) while continuing to lose weight. My diary is open to all MFP users, so please feel free to check it out. One thing I did not give up was beer & whiskey - however, I did switch to drinking only light beer.

My diet settings were only set to lose more than 1 lb/week due to the fact that we had a weight loss competition at work. Now that the competition is over (I won!), I'm going to consider changing my settings to 1 lb/week.

This is the first and only time I've ever completed Insanity after 2 previous attempts. During the previous attempts I did not take scheduled rest days nor did I do the Recovery Week, which I definitely blame for my previous downfalls. This time through, I did both the rest days and the Recovery Week and believe that it not only allowed my body to rest/recover but the Recovery Week also reset my mind back to "Just get through the workout and do what you can" mode to start Month 2. You need that mind reset because by the end of Month 1 you are able to really push yourself in the workouts. Then if you start Month 2 without the mind-reset, you feel as though you should be able to push yourself just as hard as in Month 1. However, since the workouts are longer/harder, I was discouraged to the point of quitting because I wasn't able to perform at the level I thought I should. This time through, the Recovery Week gave my body the rest/recovery it needed and allowed me to change my mindset to take on Month 2 as a new challenge. By Week 2 of Month 2 I was able to start pushing myself again. By Week 4 of Month 2, I was able to push myself to levels I never thought possible!

Hope this helps to motivate some fellow MFPers out there. I know reading the success stories and other message board threads on here have really kept me motivated and helped me reach this milestone towards my goal. Thank you MFP!

Replies

• unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    way to go ! you look grate=)
  • xchesax
    xchesax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome job You look great. I'm on my 3rd week of insanity & its hard.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    yummm! you look fantastic!
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    Nice! You can really see the difference on the sides of your stomach! Isn't it the best feeling to go down a pant size! WooHoo
    Your hard work and dedication is definitely producing visible results! Kudos to you on the 1/2 way point! Cheers :drinker: Thanks for sharing.
  • dsendre
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Great before and after pics! The program has definitely changed your shape…you can tell you've tightened up! Love the progress charts and calendar too…looking forward to doing Insanity this summer.

WTG and keep up the progress!!
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    Great Job!
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Can definitely see great results!! Keep up the good work - if it feels good now when you are only half way there, think of how AMAZING it's going to feel when you reach the ultimate goal! :D

You are success! :D
  • criss1210
    criss1210 Posts: 23
    Options
    Great job! I am also on my 3rd attempt on Insanity. I've only made it half way through the previous times and determined to finish this time. Keep up the good work, great success story!
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look great! I'm doing Insanity too but a co-worker burned the discs for me and I didn't get all of them or any of the charts for what days to do what. Your results are very motivating and seeing the chart made me realize I should do these workout a little differently and do the recovery week.
  • dsendre
    Options
    Great job! I am also on my 3rd attempt on Insanity. I've only made it half way through the previous times and determined to finish this time. Keep up the good work, great success story!

Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm for you as well!
    Thanks for sharing, you look great! I'm doing Insanity too but a co-worker burned the discs for me and I didn't get all of them or any of the charts for what days to do what. Your results are very motivating and seeing the chart made me realize I should do these workout a little differently and do the recovery week.

I've found that if you do a search for Insanity documents online you can find the calendar and other materials pretty easily. Glad to know posting that helped someone though!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Awesome result, well done :drinker:

I did Day 44 today :smile:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your results are awesome!

I love that you included the proof :happy:
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!