What is the best (most nutritious) Greek Yogurt??

Options
There are way to many Greek Yogurts to choose from! I love them and I've been trying a lot of different brands, but which is the best in terms of protein, carbs, sugar, calories, etc?? Is there a list somewhere that I can compare them or something??

Thanks...
~Sheila

Replies

• kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Chobani, simply because it's the easiest one to find. I haven't really done any comparisons though.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You can save on sugar quite a bit by buying plain greek yogurt and adding your own fruit or sweetener.
  • chocobunny122
    Options
    The best Greek yogurt I've found is called Fage. It has no artificial ingredients or additives! Brands like yoplait put tons and tons of preservations and added sugars and artificial sugars. Although Fage is not flavored, you can add fruit to it to make it yummy :) I love it just by itself! It's 130 calories for a cup, which is alot of yogurt for just a little calories. You can Fage at any grocery store, its found where the dairy section is. I usually buy the large tuber wares of it and eat it as a snack in the afternoon.
  • chocobunny122
    Options
    I usually eat Chobani, simply because it's the easiest one to find. I haven't really done any comparisons though.

Chobani is filled with tons of artificial ingredients! Ya its covient but for your body's sake, eat plain yogurt.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Fage 0% has the highest protein percentage and less amount of calories among all the greek yogurts I have tried. I really like how rich it is. I usually mix it with a tablespoon of organic granola and/or 1 tbs of organic peanut butter like the one that Publix makes.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Yoplait Greek 100 - particularly the key lime and the berry ones!
    (10-12 carbs, 12-14 proteins, 100 cal, no fat)

ALSO!
    it's not Greek yogurt, it's Icelandic -
    http://www.skyr.com/skyr.html
    Siggi's - SO GOOD! really thick though. the vanilla makes for an awesome snack with cinamon or as a fruit dipper.
    (0 fat, 100 cal, 11 carbs, 14 protein, 9 sugar (agave is used)
    **Siggi's has NO added junk... so that's a plus!

Yum!!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The best Greek yogurt I've found is called Fage. It has no artificial ingredients or additives! Brands like yoplait put tons and tons of preservations and added sugars and artificial sugars. Although Fage is not flavored, you can add fruit to it to make it yummy :) I love it just by itself! It's 130 calories for a cup, which is alot of yogurt for just a little calories. You can Fage at any grocery store, its found where the dairy section is. I usually buy the large tuber wares of it and eat it as a snack in the afternoon.
    I eat Fage 2%, 73 calories per 100g!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Definitely Fage 0% I buy the big tubs
  • bootscronje
    bootscronje Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Read the label and look at sugar. My breakfast is 1/2 banana, 1 cup of Chobani Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt, 1 scoop of dymatize banana smooth protein powder, 1 tbsp of flax meal and 1/2 tbsp of chia. It is a power breakfast and starts my day off right! I buy plain and add flavor since those with flavor have so much sugar.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me..its the Greek God's brand. Only 5 ingredients and I can pronounce them all!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    there's no reason for most to worry about sugar -- and less of a reason to worry about sugar AND carbs since, well, that's what sugar falls into anyway. just track your daily carbs. you'll be good.

I usually just look for solid protein numbers. there's a new one out -- from, maybe, yoplait? -- with 12g protein, which is pretty sweet.
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Fage hands down for me. I think it's just a personal preference between Fage and Chobani.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    fage
  • sohutto
    sohutto Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat Voskos - but ONLY the honey flavor. And I eat that one because the ingredients are only: grade A pasteurized skim milk, honey and live and active cultures. That's it! Nothing else. It also has 14g of protein. :):)

I'm going to try Fage, though! Never heard of that!
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Fage myself. My husband swears by it. We normally add some hemp seeds for flavoring (or get the Fage with peach/strawberry etc). We've also replaced using sour cream with Fage (off topic I know hehe).
    The only downside to Fage is the price (sometimes). I normally stock up whenever they go on sale for $1/cup.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Chobani is filled with tons of artificial ingredients! Ya its covient but for your body's sake, eat plain yogurt.

Needed to hear this as well. I had heard that it has quite a bit of sugar but. I guess if its sold at 7-11, it can not be to good? I'm done with it!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. I buy the 0% plain Fage and add my own fruit/granola to it.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Fage plain 0 or 2%.... the Bomb!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Source?
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Definitely Fage :tongue: Yum!