The importance of water!

Options
:flowerforyou: Hey guys, I received my HRM this morning and although I am over the moon, I doubt I will get a workout in today because I have come down with a nasty summer cold. Urgh... :sick: I have just returned from a 40minute walk with the poochie (he HAS) to be walked because of his routine and he'll start climbing the walls if I dont. Anyway, I returned homw sweating and over HOT! Eek! :grumble:

Anyways, I was looking through a booklet that came with the HRM and it contains some excellent information about certain aspects of weight loss success! It had a great little section about remaining hydrated and I thought I would share it with you guys, just to emphasize the importance of remaining hydrated.

Here goes:

The health benefits of water are too great to list but include the following:

♥ Transports nutriensts and oxygen to cells

♥ Ensures adequate blood volume

♥ Protects against heat exhaustion

♥Acts an insulation in the cold

♥Cushions Joints

♥ Suppresses Appetite

♥ Assists the body in metabolizing stored fat

♥ Relieves fluid retention problems

♥ Reduces sodium build up within the body

♥ Helps to maintain proper muscle tone

♥ Rids the body of waste and toxins

♥ Helps convert food into energy

♥ Maintains strength and endurance

♥ Protects organs

Get drinking that water peeps! have a nice day :flowerforyou:

ACHOOOOOO! :sick: :laugh:

Replies

• maviolette
    maviolette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It made me pick up my water bottle as I was reading it!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've been chugging my 24 oz. bottle of water the last couple minutes when I came on your topic. Thanks!!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    made me go to the water cooler at work and fill up the waterbottle. Thanks!:bigsmile:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I also chugged down my bottle of water as I read it. Drink up, everyone! :drinker:
  • 3dogsand1
    3dogsand1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Inspired by this - will get drinking more water!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    B :flowerforyou: U :flowerforyou: M :flowerforyou: P :flowerforyou:
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm going to refill my water bottle right now. Great post!!!
    Feel better:flowerforyou:
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is like, we all know water is good for us... but seriously this puts it in perspective! Really great post! Raise those water glasses high! Bottoms up! :D
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info!!

I had hit a plateau in May. Was doing everything I was supposed to, but then when I started looking at my water intake, it was suffering. I started doing the 8 glasses and it knocked me off that darn plateau! Amazing what water can do. :)