C25k

Options
Im looking at starting this. Ive read a number of threads and am a bit confused!

Where is the best place to download this from? Ive seen a number of places where theres different ones.
I have done a bit of running in the past ( haven't been out so far this year) and could run for 20 mins straight, do i start at day one or should i start a few weeks in?
I take it doing it on a treadmill is ok?

Im sure ill have more questions i just cant think of them now :ohwell:

Replies

• emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    get on runners world, they have loads of info n training plans for every level:smile:
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Great to see you enjoy playing rugby! Im just a rugby mum.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The original plan is found at CoolRunning
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options

LOVE your ticker!

also there are several podcasts for the C25k as well as apps if that will help you
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I believe I used the plan from CoolRunning. I had started with walking in the summer, so when I was ready to start couch25k in September, I think I skipped week 1 and started with week 2. It really doesn't matter, it all works out in the end. Just make sure you do 3x/week and leave days in between when starting. As you progress, you may be able to add an extra day.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I found the program online and I started at week 3 since I was already doing some walking/jogging for a while. Work great for me I'm at week 6 now.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

LOVE your ticker!

also there are several podcasts for the C25k as well as apps if that will help you

Thank you :smile:
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    In the UK the NHS website does a series of podcasts for C25K which talk you through it literally step by step. They also have podcasts for 5k plus for anyone ready to go a bit further (not me ... yet!) You can also download them from iTunes.

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    In the UK the NHS website does a series of podcasts for C25K which talk you through it literally step by step. They also have podcasts for 5k plus for anyone ready to go a bit further (not me ... yet!) You can also download them from iTunes.

That's what I used since I don't have the right smartphone for any of the apps. And I love free things!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options

That's what I used since I don't have the right smartphone for any of the apps. And I love free things!

It's part of the UK government's drive to get us all fit - charge £1.40 per litre of petrol and give away free running plans :)
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I believe I used the plan from CoolRunning. I had started with walking in the summer, so when I was ready to start couch25k in September, I think I skipped week 1 and started with week 2. It really doesn't matter, it all works out in the end. Just make sure you do 3x/week and leave days in between when starting. As you progress, you may be able to add an extra day.

This.

I just finished week 2 and I'm struggling to hold myself back from running more. I ran in college recreationally and getting started again 20 years later is a true joy. The workouts are great, I'm not suffering with the progressive interval training this plan recommends, and it's so much fun to be out pounding the pavement and trails again. Pure awesome. :happy:
  • puckers82
    Options
    Thanks for the info, ill have a look into them :D
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I was a rugby mum for half a season then swimming took over lol you should try rugby yourself, nothing better than a team to motivate n more importantly, have a laugh with:smile:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Here's an old thread on C25K podcasts for non-smartphone users who haven't found what they're looking for yet. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64709-c25k-podcast-list
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    coolrunning.com

I started c25k 3 months ago. I am military so running i have experience with but the first week was rough after the first week i didnt need to follow the plan just took off on my own!!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I used the Run Double app.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    zen labs...its free.. I started it in November..i ran my first official race in January..it was the "iceman 2 miler" and it was 10 degrees...then I ran a 10k in march "Holyoke road race"..i had never run before c210k..but I am so happy that I did! I now run 3 to 5 days a week...3 1/2 to 6 miles depending on the day and time...its AWESOME!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Here's an old thread on C25K podcasts for non-smartphone users who haven't found what they're looking for yet. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64709-c25k-podcast-list

Thank brill thanks!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Thank you!

I was a rugby mum for half a season then swimming took over lol you should try rugby yourself, nothing better than a team to motivate n more importantly, have a laugh with:smile:

I think starting rugby at the grand age of nearly 31 wouldn't really work, wish i had done it when i was younger though, only got into rugby about 3 years ago.
  • SunshineJoi
    Options
    I am doing couch 2 5k !
    LOVE IT!

I'm 102 lbs down and am hoping this helps me to lose the last 35 lbs.

FOLLOW MY JOURNEY: