There any Okies out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    haha I seen a few of you in those hot or not threads, now I know what state you are from :) lol
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I was once an Okie. I graduated HS in Lawton. Now am on the east coast.

Well I'm headed to NY state this summer. I'm taking a tattoo apprenticeship so I'll be misplaced as well. Also I lived in Lawton for about a month once for a construction job at Ft.Sill.

Im looking for a new tattoo artist
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Okie here also, but Southeastern Oklahoma a small place called Daisy we are just off the turnpike between McAlester and Hugo.

I just plugged Daisy into Google Maps. Man there isn't much around you is there?
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep. Yesterday i wore a dress. today is all about the sweater.
  • MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Okie here also, but Southeastern Oklahoma a small place called Daisy we are just off the turnpike between McAlester and Hugo.

Man is the busy bee still open in Hugo? I remember eating there as a kid and I remember it being awesome.
  • MikeNoTalent
    Options
    Born in Stillwater (GO POKES!!!)
    Lived in Chickasha before being transplanted to Memphis, TN.

I miss the heck out of Oklahoma though!

Yeah I've never lived out of state so I'm worried I'll start getting homesick for sunsets and thunderstorms.

Oh I know before work I was rocking shorts and I went on lunch break last night and it was in the 40's LOL I literally had to stop and think about what season we were in. I forgot.

How could you NOT get homesick and miss our amazing weather? Like the fact that I wore shorts and a tshirt on Sunday and am wearing a sweater and a jacket today.
  • MikeNoTalent
    Options
    http://notalentpunkart.deviantart.com/ check it out! Some of my best stuff is here. Since Oklahoma is lame and was last to legalize tats all the artists are booked up for years on apprentices, I don't have time to wait.
  • MikeNoTalent
    Options

Well I'm headed to NY state this summer. I'm taking a tattoo apprenticeship so I'll be misplaced as well. Also I lived in Lawton for about a month once for a construction job at Ft.Sill.

Well I have a machine and I've done some work on myself and friends for practice but I'm not solid on how to work the machine or laying ink just yet. However when I get better I'd be more than happy to tat ya up!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all!

Let me go on and tell y'all a bit about myself.

Me and my pa came out from the old oak in this here caravan in the summer of 1932

Okies1_zps31adb7f2.jpg

We made it through a harsh winter on the road but were determined to get our riches in the sunny state of California

winter_zps5d7691aa.jpg

We stayed at many camps on the way there.

dustbowl_zps6719c7d2.jpg

We faced many hardships

migrants_zps150ebfa7.jpg

But finally we made it and found our riches!

images_zps04e98c1d.jpg
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Hah awesome! I work out at home with Kettlebells but yeah we should get together sometime. It's nice to know I'm not the only one on here. I do art shows on main st from time to time as well.
    Don't go man, he's got a gun.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hah awesome! I work out at home with Kettlebells but yeah we should get together sometime. It's nice to know I'm not the only one on here. I do art shows on main st from time to time as well.

But does he know how to use it?
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

But does he know how to use it?

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT
  • MikeNoTalent
    Options

This is Oklahoma we all have guns :tongue:
  • MikeNoTalent
    Options
    Also to anyone who wants come see my art show on the 19th in OKC at The Conservatory on Western. Punk bands and art! It's gonna be sweet!!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all!

Let me go on and tell y'all a bit about myself.

Me and my pa came out from the old oak in this here caravan in the summer of 1932

Okies1_zps31adb7f2.jpg

We made it through a harsh winter on the road but were determined to get our riches in the sunny state of California

winter_zps5d7691aa.jpg

We stayed at many camps on the way there.

dustbowl_zps6719c7d2.jpg

We faced many hardships

migrants_zps150ebfa7.jpg

But finally we made it and found our riches!

images_zps04e98c1d.jpg

No efffing way... lmao.. I cant breathe now.. This is epic..I didn't know you had it in ya..But Kudo's
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    haha I seen a few of you in those hot or not threads, now I know what state you are from :) lol

But they're fun to go in ^_^
  • bored2pieces2
    Options
    I'm from Edmond!
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    lived in Tulsa for years. i totally miss it!
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options

This is Oklahoma we all have guns :tongue:

in Oklahoma, my florist has a gun...
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Well I have a machine and I've done some work on myself and friends for practice but I'm not solid on how to work the machine or laying ink just yet. However when I get better I'd be more than happy to tat ya up!

I've never been to your state, but this is exactly the sort of thing I'd imagine an aspiring Oklahoman tattooist saying :)