Options
13»

Replies

• monteymole
    Options
    Does anyone know how long you have to do level 1 for :):smile:
  • AMAYAROSE35
    Options
    For anyone on here that needs *more* than the 30 day Shred, Jillian's 'Ripped in 30' is a FANTASTIC step up from Shred! I LOVED shred (it has been my go to for a few yrs on and off), but even at Level III I do not feel challanged anymore. NOW... ripped in 30 is a challange for me. Everyone that is doing Shred, stick with it! , follow the diet plan, keep up the great work & you will see results! Others that need more... try Ripped in 30 :)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2, Day 1 today. After doing the MFP 30 Day Challenge, it was shorter than I'm used to, and much easier than when I tried a month ago! Yay, for progress! Wonder if I could do Week 3?

those are awesome ARMS!!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    Does anyone know how long you have to do level 1 for :):smile:
    Do level 1 until you feel comfortable to move up to level 2. Some people do it for 10 days, I only did it for 5, as it seemed too easy at that point
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out how many calories you burned during this so it can be plugged into mfp
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    How do you figure out how many calories you burned during this so it can be plugged into mfp
    Get a HRM (Heart rate monitor)
    it's hard to say how many calories YOU will burn because it depends on your height, weight, age, fitness level
  • LeaWarwick
    LeaWarwick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just finished 30DS today. I highly recommend it.
    I took one day off each week when my legs demanded it! I found this meant I was able to put more effort into my next Shred workout and get more out of it. I had lost 3 lbs by day 22, although I was in my last 10 lbs to go by then. Definitely take pictures and tape measure measurements as that is where you will definitely see changes.
    I have yet to do my final measure up as I measure after my rest day when my muscles have settled down, but at day 22 I had lost almost 8 inches and 4.7% body fat. I have gained strength and lots of stamina, and can see a big change in my abs, and a big difference in the tone of my upper arms and thighs.
    My biggest recommendation is to do an additional stretch after each workout to minimise the chance of feeling any stiffness and discomfort the next day. Jillian only does a very brief one that really isn't enough, particularly in the first few days of each level, so I used Fitness Blenders cool down stretches from You tube.
  • AMAYAROSE35
    Options
    Get a HRM (Heart rate monitor)
    it's hard to say how many calories YOU will burn because it depends on your height, weight, age, fitness level

AGREE :)
  • msvsbarbie
    Options
    I tried this a while back and honestly gave up bc I was gaining weight, so the scale said and I got frustrated!!! I would like to try this again but I don't want to gain weight. Also are u supposed to do 30 days straight through with no breaks? I see fantastic results with everyone ..... Any friendly advise????
    I am on day 23 (just finished it only 7 more to go!) and I take Saturday and Sunday off and do it everyday Monday-Friday. I've seen incredible results! Good luck :)
  • monteymole
    Options
    Is it 30days straight im on day three but im so sore everywhere ? :frown:
  • kegbail
    kegbail Posts: 47
    Options
    I am on Level 1 Day 4 today. All I can say is I'm sore from neck/shoulder down to calf muscles. However, I'm loving it because I know that the inches will start to come off, plus I'm getting stronger.

One question: I have about 40 more pounds to lose to get to my goal, but this morning when I got on the scale I was UP a pound from yesterday (Yes, I weigh every morning for accountability to myself as well as to see what my body is doing).

Any thoughts?

I am doing a Dietbet challenge that ends on Sunday and I'm a a couple pounds away from getting to my target weight for that....I'm hoping that the scale doesn't got the opposite way.
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    I gained 3# when starting 30ds- stick with it, it'll come off
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have 13 days left and I've lost 6.8 lbs so far. I'm doing each level 10 days and no rest days
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!