Body Wave Vibration Machines part of exercise?

Options
I have a body vibration machine that makes me wonder if it really is a form of exercise, and could it be counted towards daily exercise time?

Personally I find that it helps me tone, and also helps my ciruclation in my lower legs.

Vibrating exercise machines have been available for many years as a way to work out without working too hard. Interestingly, these machines are making a comeback and may have more exercise benefits. I found the following information online.

Do They Work?

Researchers for the European Congress on Obesity, found that people who used a vibration machine for exercise along with a reduced calorie diet experienced greater weight loss, and more body fat in the abdominal region was lost, in an area particularly challenging for some people. Visceral fat which congregates in the abdominal area has been associated with a higher risk of some chronic disease such as heart disease and diabetes.

The group who did their exercises on a vibrating machine were also more likely to maintain their weight loss over a six month period than those who exercised conventionally.

What do you think?

Replies

• pumpkin422001
    pumpkin422001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give ours a try but don't have much information on these machines - did you find it helped you?
    - Heather
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    The machine vibrates you?

That must be why us Californians are so skinny, because of all the earth quakes!

Vibration would NOT provide enough resistance for the average person to equate a calorie burn. It is beneficial for someone coming out of a 10 year coma, but not for someone who can already walk on their own.