Do you substitute workouts?

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If i am on top i log it as "tabata squats, high intensity". If i am not on top, I log it as yoga or stretching, depending what position my legs are in.
    Hope this helps.
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i hate to break it to you but sex doesnt really provide much of a work out or burn many calories.
    Orly? Why is it in the MFP database then?

... The fact that it's in the database doesn't mean that's it's anywhere NEAR accurate. I love MFP, but its exercise database sucks balls.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    ^ Literally!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I always skip the gym after sex. It's a serious problem. I missed two workout sessions last year alone!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well certainly if it lasts two hours that is a different story....in fact you might not have time to go to the gym if that was the case.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    What is this "sex" you speak of?

This.

I can teach you, but I'd have to charge.

Nice milkshake!

MINE!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    are you suggesting that we need to have sex in order to exercise? :(

PL6WQBp.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I always skip the gym after sex. It's a serious problem. I missed two workout sessions last year alone!

Lucky!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    i hate to break it to you but sex doesnt really provide much of a work out or burn many calories.

... The fact that it's in the database doesn't mean that's it's anywhere NEAR accurate. I love MFP, but its exercise database sucks balls.

I think "sucks balls" is in there. Somewhere near "protein shot"

You're welcome.
  • _crafty_
    Options

I think "sucks balls" is in there. Somewhere near "protein shot"

You're welcome.

*runs off to add those to my exercise list*
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

OP I agree with the HRM. But HRM is ONLY accurate for long slow duration cardio.

So what you should indeed be doing is setting up a nice rhythmic pace and holding steady at that for the duration of the exercise. You can practice plank thrusts, hip thrusts or other such exercises to maximise the intensity. Don't listen to people that tell you you don't get a huge calorie burn while having intercourse. The clearly just like to lie there and have someone else do the work.

Does this not look like a workout to you?

hipthrusts_zps0390d422.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If i am on top i log it as "tabata squats, high intensity". If i am not on top, I log it as yoga or stretching, depending what position my legs are in.
    Hope this helps.

Oh this is great! Thanks, I will definitely be making notes next time so I can log more accurately.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

you aren't doing it right.

Fact.

+1. And I don't know about women but man... I burn tons of calories. If you are not a lousy guy, there is no way that sex doesn't count.

Having said that, I consider it a bonus workout.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

OP I agree with the HRM. But HRM is ONLY accurate for long slow duration cardio.

So what you should indeed be doing is setting up a nice rhythmic pace and holding steady at that for the duration of the exercise. You can practice plank thrusts, hip thrusts or other such exercises to maximise the intensity. Don't listen to people that tell you you don't get a huge calorie burn while having intercourse. The clearly just like to lie there and have someone else do the work.

Does this not look like a workout to you?

hipthrusts_zps0390d422.gif

buahahahah FTW, still just a bonus to me =D
  • _crafty_
    Options
    going to the gym with my BF ALWAYS leads to sex . . . so, that would be a yes.

there sweetie. fixed it for ya. :heart:
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m66b8qjzYC1rzzb8eo1_500.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m66b8qjzYC1rzzb8eo1_500.gif

awwwww....poor greg...

OAN--would "workout" with....haha :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

you aren't doing it right.

I was going to say the same thing! LOL
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have to play with myself.

352013022016LKUDaZr.gif

tumblr_lkweu4iWz61qek863o1_500.gif
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

that will never burn as many calories as full intercourse.