I need a buddy!

Options
Hello, my name is Danielle and I am 24 years old .I have been overweight most of my life and I've tried doing several diets but never stick with them. I have recently stopped smoking 2 week this Friday and I have a totally different outlook on life and being healthy. I really think I can do it this time, I just need help, like a buddy someone who can keep me motivated and I can keep them motivated. If your interested in being my diet buddy let me know. Thank you!

Ps. I don't care if your just starting out like me or if you've been at this for a while. Just need someone who is happy and excited.

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to MFP! I would love to help you out with achieving your diet goals. Also, congratulations on kicking smoking! That's a huge success!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I quit in November and it's been HARRRRD. I'm Ashley, I'll shoot you a FR :)
  • PattiBaldwin88
    PattiBaldwin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting!! Feel free to add me :)
  • temptech
    temptech Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    Feel free to add me to your friends list. My username is temptech.
  • mangomango21
    mangomango21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need a buddy too. I'm starting out (again) but could use support and happy to support others :) Feel free to add me!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    welcome and yay for no smoking! Please add me. I am a daily user and like to help motivate =) you can do this!
  • Heliox
    Heliox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on quitting smoking! I just quit about 10 months ago so I know where you are coming from with that. How did you do it?

I felt the same way after quiting, I wanted to get the rest of my life in order (as much as I can control anyway!), and started working out and eating less than 4000 cal a day.

Anywho, good job and just look for slow and steady progress. It's a lifestyle change not a diet!
  • gigglebabe101
    gigglebabe101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am 24 and only recently started my journey. Feel free to add me. I am on every day!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I did it four years ago and it's the best thing I ever did. Feel free to add me if you're looking for more friends!
  • kannh89
    kannh89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey anyone can add me :-), I've had account for a while but started seriously from Monday. I want to feel happy with my body for my wedding and to feel comfortable in a bikini for the honeymoon! I'm also 24.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Anyone is welcome to add me, I am on every day (so far anyway and its Day 5!! Woo! This getting healthy malarkey is my mission!)
  • sc6923
    sc6923 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking. That's a big achievement! I quit smoking in November 2008 and I know how hard it can be. I am also looking to lose weight now and seem to have developed a habit of overeating. Also looking for new friends so feel free to add me. Would love to help keep you motivated! xx
  • ryslove11
    Options
    YES, PLZ ADD ME! WE COULD MOTIVATE EACH OTHER. I TRIED TO LOSE WEIGHT BY MYSELF BUT ITS JUST NOT THAT EASY. I NEED BUDDIES :happy:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Usually I get called an a-hole when I tell a girl we are just buddies but I kind of like you :flowerforyou:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting! I know that can be real hard. I watched my grandfather do it as a child and remember how iritable he was (chasing me around with a belt after I hid his cigarettes).

I'm trying to get my stuff together. I've got two girls and we're expecting a third child soon. I want to be healthy enough to play with my kids and that's my motivation. i want to live a long time.

I made some great progress and lost 10 lbs! But I've had setbacks and now I'm trying to get back to good.

Send me an FR. Especially if you're a Comic book geek. Gaming geek. Or a Walking Dead fan.
  • artemisnyc
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking and giving MFP a shot!

I quit around this time last year too and started running and watching my diet, the tendency to overeat after quitting is definitely there but there is hope! MFP really helped me stay mindful and the community here definitely keeps me motivated! Would love more friends so please feel free to add me!

Diana
  • mirage228
    mirage228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!!! I haven't smoked in three day!! I've been on MFP for a while but I've never committed to it until now. I had my daughter 7 yrs ago and I'm done using that as excuse for the weight. I'll definitely friend request you!
  • elissamac
    Options
    you can add me. I am just starting back up with this. I also quit smoking it has been 1 year 7 months and 8 days since I have smoked.