Eating the same thing everyday

Options
Hello, my name is Destiny, first day on here... 25 years old, 5'2 and a giant 280 LBs! I have 2 babies one 2 year old and a Newborn. My goal weight is 130 :) anyways....I eat the same thing everyday, very healthy, and an apporiate amount of calories, and this works for me, lost 60lbs last year then got pregnant. LOL. anyone do the same thing, and have sucesss? since I have a family to cook for im going to do this again for 2 weeks straight just to get stuff started, and then switch dinners to something more creavitive but healthy. Every dinner I have Chicken breast, except Sunday is Steak day, and Salmon is on Wednesday just to mix it up a bit... what do yall think? anyone do this and see results as well? I feel very satisfided, and my stomach a lot cleaner with this way of eating..

Breakfast- Yoplait with gronala, coffee with 1tsp sugar /1tbs creamer
Snack- Fruit, 10 whole almonds
Lunch- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat 45cal bread, lots of veggies for toppings, 1tsp light mircle whip, and 1 cup steamed broccoli w/1tsp butter
Snack- Fruit, string cheese
Dinner- Baked chicken breast, sautated red onions, zucci, and squash
Snack- 1cup fat free milk, 1oz dark Chocolate.

Replies

• labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The only time I eat the same thing everyday is when I'm broke, but it is a very effective way to keep your eating controlled.
  • billdes21
    Options
    its crazy how much fresh produce cost, excited for this summer for the famer markets to get some local deals :)
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm really consistent in what I eat daily as well, I just very the ingredients a bit to keep it exciting:

Breakfast:
    Two hardboiled eggs with banana or one cup baked yam
    1/4 cup oats with apple, cinnamon, and almond butter
    Apple with 10-20 almonds

Lunch:
    Salad - no dressing (usually add herbs or lemon juice)
    with fish, or quinoa

Snack:
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Protein shake

Dinner:
    Grilled Veggies with Baked Yam, quinoa or some sort of protein

Desert:
    Fruit and a few nuts

I find I stay satisfied, and I like knowing that my days are fairly predictable so I don't have to stress to much.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't really do this but the menu sounds pretty good (barring the Yoplait, I can't eat that stuff anymore after reading it has more sugar than a serving of Lucky Charms :( ).

A lot of celebs lose weight eating this way. As long as the calorie goals are met, I think you're good.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi Destiny,

It's a lot easier to eat the same thing all the time. Just make sure you don't get bored. When you find yourself thinking 'Oh no, turkey again?!' you might want to change things around a bit. When I feel I'm getting to that point, I try think of something new and work it in :)
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Through the week, I eat the same thing for lunch and dinner. I do vary once in awhile, but it takes the guess work out of things and streamlines the process! I've made dinner simply a protein and a veggie but that is the only meal that really varies. On the weekends, I vary the meals up but it doesn't really stray too far from the usual.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Destiny, first day on here... 25 years old, 5'2 and a giant 280 LBs! I have 2 babies one 2 year old and a Newborn. My goal weight is 130 :) anyways....I eat the same thing everyday, very healthy, and an apporiate amount of calories, and this works for me, lost 60lbs last year then got pregnant. LOL. anyone do the same thing, and have sucesss? since I have a family to cook for im going to do this again for 2 weeks straight just to get stuff started, and then switch dinners to something more creavitive but healthy. Every dinner I have Chicken breast, except Sunday is Steak day, and Salmon is on Wednesday just to mix it up a bit... what do yall think? anyone do this and see results as well? I feel very satisfided, and my stomach a lot cleaner with this way of eating..

Breakfast- Yoplait with gronala, coffee with 1tsp sugar /1tbs creamer
    Snack- Fruit, 10 whole almonds
    Lunch- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat 45cal bread, lots of veggies for toppings, 1tsp light mircle whip, and 1 cup steamed broccoli w/1tsp butter
    Snack- Fruit, string cheese
    Dinner- Baked chicken breast, sautated red onions, zucci, and squash
    Snack- 1cup fat free milk, 1oz dark Chocolate.

I don't see anything that is terrible but you might want to ditch the granola for a bowl of cooked steel cut oats in order to eliminate the sugar and bad fats that most commercial granolas contain. I just add a tiny bit of butter to my oatmeal when I have it---most of the time I have eggs for breakfast. Steel cut oats are chewier and more flavorful than regular oatmeal and stay with you longer.

What is your calorie count and are you meeting your protein and fat macros? I tend to eat the same things every day but I do mix it up a bit. I let my body "hum" for different foods. If I am just sick of eating eggs, I figure my body is trying to tell me something and I will have my steel cut oats with a couple of slices of pea meal bacon on the side.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did this for the first month. Mainly because when I started I could only think of a few things that fit in my nutrition goal and also it helped me to figure out portion control. So I found what worked and kept repeating. Also because I have a limited budget for food and I am single so it is hard to buy a big variety of stuff without anything going to waste.

This is my fourth week now and am starting to mix it up a little more. I am learning as I go. It can be fun to create meals using the MFP database so you can see how many calories something will be before you make it. But for the most part, I repeat a lot. Like a salad for lunch almost every day.

Sounds like you are on the right track, your menu sounds very healthy. Good luck!
  • gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great meal plan! I see a dietician and she says as long as you stick to more protein than carbs you are on an awesome track and the weight will come off...she's totally right so far! It's difficult though because carbs are pretty much in everything :( I eat a variety of foods all the time...I couldn't eat the same thing everyday. There is no right or wrong though...as long as you're eating healthy and exercising you're on the right track. Do you have Trader Joe's by you? They sell nothing but healthy food at awesome prices.
    Good luck...you're doing great!
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't know about every day, but I certainly eat the same things very frequently. A pretty low calorie lunch and then a high protein dinner after I go to the gym. Because of the amount of protein I need, dinner usually involves some kind of rotisserie or grilled chicken, and protein shakes.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same things every day, which I think is ok (because when you try to eat clean, you naturally limit yourself to fruits, veggies and lean protein!).

My nutritionist told me a year ago that I eat avocado almost every day and would turn in to an avocado, but I don't see anything wrong with that (as long as it fits within your fat guidelines). If it works for you, keep with it!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0YlJ5BedY2ZI7BxVayruEorwy-HaLhTSLRmhMo7pFftu_qRbl
  • Swedgen
    Swedgen Posts: 29
    Options
    From Monday to Friday, I eat the same breakfast, snack, lunch etc. everyday. My suppers involve a lot of the same types of things but I alternate chicken, salmon, haddock, pork, and on Friday I always have something really good. I'm less structured on the weekends but again, I tend to eat the same foods. It's just easier to plan means, and enter them on MFP that way. I've lost 26 pounds since January doing this, and so far I'm not bored with my food choices. Good luck!
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I generally eat the same breakfast everyday. Snacks, I have like 5 that I rotate between. Dinner (which I cook two of, and bring one for lunch the next day) is usually some variation on veggies-protein-bit of whole starch. So not exactly the same thing every day, but in a routine, yes.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like your meal plan ... might have to steal it!! :)
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Friday I eat mostly the same thing. I strive for low carb, 1200 cal days.
    Breakfast: 1 or 2 eggs
    4 pieces of bacon
    coffee
    Lunch: grilled chicken breast
    veggies of some kind normally lettuce or green beans or cabbage
    Supper: grilled chicken or shrimp or fish
    zuchinni and squash or other veggies.
    I can grean beans in the summer out of the garden so I fall back on them a lot. I normally don't snack but when I do I do something low carb as well.. Pepperoni slices or a piece of cheese. Sugar free jello.
    Very consistant. But, it works for me. I've lost 65 lbs so far.
    Good luck friend me if you'd like.
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of having a "stable of staples" handy that I eat often enough to approximately know the calories and macros that come from a specific serving size. This way I can vary what I eat somewhat but still put together a good meal plan for the day.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i love eating the same things lol as long as they are tasty! i cook for me and the boo. i like to meal prep by making mass amounts of italian turkey or chicken burgers and they are delicious! i eat them as a burger or cut them up and mix with vegetables. i also eat a lot of asparagus. i make a huge batch of black bean and lentil soup in the crockpot that is delicious on its own and i can take a bit of the liquid out and eat it like a chili by adding ground turkey to it. i also eat a lot of hardboiled eggs and scrambled egg whites with veggies. mmmmm i'm hungry now.
  • MaryLeizinger
    MaryLeizinger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have any space with plenty of sunshine, plant a few veggies of your own, even if they are in pots. You can do a tomato plant, pole beans that climb a fence, peppers. Plants are inexpensive, seeds are cheaper, seeds from a store bought tomato or pepper that you would throw out are even better!
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Topic: Eating the same thing everyday
    BUMP TO READ LATER TODAY, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE INPUT, XXX GG