Do you substitute workouts?

Options
13»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    i hate to break it to you but sex doesnt really provide much of a work out or burn many calories.
    Orly? Why is it in the MFP database then?

For the same reason that housework is in the MFP database.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    What is this "sex" you speak of?

This.

Double this.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    i hate to break it to you but sex doesnt really provide much of a work out or burn many calories.

... The fact that it's in the database doesn't mean that's it's anywhere NEAR accurate. I love MFP, but its exercise database sucks balls.

that will never burn as many calories as full intercourse.

:laugh: *high five*
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If i am on top i log it as "tabata squats, high intensity". If i am not on top, I log it as yoga or stretching, depending what position my legs are in.
    Hope this helps.

Oh this is great! Thanks, I will definitely be making notes next time so I can log more accurately.
    You are very welcome, make sure to use your protective gear.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    4687ed6e-98e2-4b20-b034-53b03c711192_zps0d80249e.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Well, if I am in a relationship then working out typically leads to sex. I usually am "full of energy* after lifting weights so it is usually come home, take a shower, pull girlfriend into the shower, eventually end up in the bed, then making sandwiches for us with sore glutes.

So no, no skipping the exercise, sex is just the bonus workout. Extra credit if there is buttsex.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

that depends on your endurance
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I'm married with two small kidlets...what the eff is this mythical "sex" you speak of? :wink:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do it like this: if its regular sex? No. If I'm alone? No. If I'm tied to something? Yes. If I'm tied to someONE? Yes. If it leaves marks? Yes. If there's more than two poeple involved? Yes. If it takes place in a bed? No.

Hope that helps!:smile:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on substituting workouts?

Like if I go "horseback riding" (wink wink) on a certain day, can I skip my Jillian Michaels or ShaunT DVD? I think I burn about the same number of calories.

Looking for opinions here. Do you guys exercise on days you have sex?

It only counts as a warm up. I've had quite a few times I woke up at 5:20 to to run and didn't make it out the door till 6:00. I just skip the warm up walk after when this happens. I still do the same exercise.

"horseback riding" (wink wink)
    nudge-nudge-wink-wink-o.gif
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I do it like this: if its regular sex? No. If I'm alone? No. If I'm tied to something? Yes. If I'm tied to someONE? Yes. If it leaves marks? Yes. If there's more than two poeple involved? Yes. If it takes place in a bed? No.

I like your way of thinking
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I like your way of thinking

Why thank you very much :wink:
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    SEXERCISE is the bonus, I keep my others.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on substituting workouts?

Like if I go "horseback riding" (wink wink) on a certain day, can I skip my Jillian Michaels or ShaunT DVD? I think I burn about the same number of calories.

Looking for opinions here. Do you guys exercise on days you have sex?

My opinion..."save a horse and ride a cowboy" (wink wink)...then you're golden
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've seen people logging: showering, standing, drawing while standing, doing dishes, etc. The bar to be in the database really isn't that high.