Just started the Insanity workouts...anyone else doing it?

Options
Hi guys! I am a 23 year old female with an athletic body. I am starting the Insanity workouts in hopes of toning up and losing a few pounds before my wedding in 3 months. Anyone else doing this workout? Success stories or tips?

Replies

• Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've lost a couple pounds, nothing really noticeable on the scale. Pictures are showing progress though. I've also noticed that I feel a lot stronger and my endurance is a ton better. So I'd say it works.

Edit: I'm halfway through week 7, if you were wondering.
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did it two years ago and lost about 30 pounds over the course of the summer. I watched what I ate, but wasn't obsessive about it. I did a full Insanity cycle then mixed P90X and Insanity. I've had great results with it, but my schedule right now makes it more convenient to work out in the gym at work during the day.

Good luck!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Snap, I started Monday and my wedding is in 9 weeks I can feel my muscles tightening already :-)
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on 3/11. At my measurement check (3/25) I had lost .5 inch on my legs and arms (each); 1 inch on chest and hips, 2.5" on my waist. At my weigh in today I'm down 7lbs since starting. I also could barely do 1 full plank push up, now I can do 8-10.

I really like the workouts. I'm on recovery week before starting month 2.

I just do every move at my own pace, if I can keep up with Shaun I do.. For the ones I can't like the suicide drills I just do it at my max speed and take a break if I need to.
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm in week 3 right now. I have only lost .8 lbs doing it so far but my close are starting to fit better. It is a great and challenging workout, I don't think you will be upset with the results. Feel free to add me if you want, I have a few other friends doing Insanity right now also, and having their support has been a great motivation to keep going.
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 of Insanity and it sure is a tough workout but I'm really enjoying it. I was working out at the gym 6 days a week and starting to get bored and the weight wasn't coming off as easily. I hit a plateau for 3 weeks and after the first week of Insanity I upped my calories to 1600 from 1300 and lost 3 lbs. I've never sweat so much in 40 minutes! I'll send you a request to add as a friend because it would be great to have others that are doing it. Good luck!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am starting on monday :) feel free to add me. I would love to know how people have done with this. So far i have heard you don't lose weight you lose inches. That works for me :)
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started Monday :) Holy I came close to tears with the first workout... and I thought i was tough! REALLY hoping I'll stick with this and give it my all.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday and will be doing Cardio Recovery tonight (and not a day too soon!). I've lost 1.5 pounds since starting (my weigh-in day is Wednesday so I noticed it this morning). I was so sore after Plyometric Cardio but am starting to feel better now.

Thinking about adding back in some running (my typical exercise of choice) once I get in the groove - maybe next week.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS and Ripped in 30 afterwards, then moving onto Insanity!

It's nice to see how people are getting on with it!
  • livelaughlove2121
    Options
    I just did the fit test today and woah am I out of shape. I've been working out at the gym and doing other videos like 30 day Shred on and off but nothing prepared me for this. I guess I just have to take it one workout at a time, and go slower if I need to. I'm one of those people who go too fast and don't use proper form and I really need to stop that. Add me if you'd like :)
  • SunnyE22
    SunnyE22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started on 3/18, so I'm in the middle of my 4th week. It's hard. And I push myself. And I sweat. I use my HRM and burn upwards of 700-800 calories per workout. I know it's doing "something," but I don't see the results on the scale nor on the tape measure. So at this point, I'm frustrated. I know I'm getting stronger. My fit tests have me progressing. But it's frustrating that I'm not seeing movement on weight loss or inch loss.

I'd love to have a friend, so any and all of you doing Insanity, feel free to add me!
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday & would like friends who are starting it too so please feel free to add me & anyone else. Good luck!
  • MeeraAnnT
    MeeraAnnT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i will be starting tomorrow (thursday) and doing the fit test! hope i get through it...im a beginner when it comes to exercise workouts...i have only ever done jm30ds
  • bkerstin
    bkerstin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a question.....when I figure out my caloric needs with Insanity via the nutrition guide, do I not enter my exercise in MFP? I am trying to maintain weight and Insanity has me at 2400 calories. Do I eat back my burned calories or do I ignore my exercise and just eat 2400 daily? Thanks to anybody who can help me out.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I have a question.....when I figure out my caloric needs with Insanity via the nutrition guide, do I not enter my exercise in MFP? I am trying to maintain weight and Insanity has me at 2400 calories. Do I eat back my burned calories or do I ignore my exercise and just eat 2400 daily? Thanks to anybody who can help me out.
    The way read it is that you eat the 2400 calories, exercise calories are already figured in.
    I'm in week 2, if anybody wants to friend please do.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I started it on the first.. 2.5" inches of belly fat.. arms a bit more defined and I can finally complete that killer warm up.. so far no lbs loss on the scale.. but I am happy with is happening so far..
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on the 20th May (I know ages away...) so most of you will be finished Month One by that point! I'd love to see some of your progress on it!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 today. I have only lost 1 lb. on the scale but have lost an inch in my waist. Granted, I was NOT paying any mind to my eating and drinking the few months before I started. I am now watching my calorie intake (1900 calories/day per the calorie guide Insanity gives) and limit myself to alcohol only one day a week. I know the eating/drinking makes the most difference, but the program definitely helps :smile:
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity about 3 weeks ago. I'm not sticking to the planned routine - I do it 3 days a week and mix in cardio workouts (walking, elliptical) on the other days. I typically eat 1800-2000 calories a day, which is about the pace to lose a pound a week. So far I've really loved the workouts, although they really are a killer! Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm looking for some motivation to keep up with it!