Hi I'm new here too

Options
I just recently discovered this site and its great. I've been drinking more water and its getting easier. I'm trying to make more conscience decisions about what I eat. I just turned 39 and it occurred to me I'm not a kid anymore. This is it. If I don't get healthy now it's going to have long term effects on my health. I've done low carb, low cal ...you name it and I've been up and down the scale. My highest weight was 180 and my lowest 125 but I had that skinny fat look from losing weight too quickly. It's time to get real and do this in a healthier way. I'm in the middle right now at 145. I hope to lose maybe 20 pounds but more importantly smooth out the bumps and jiggles and not pant when I run up the stairs. I quit smoking 7 days ago and have started to feel a little better. I have allergies to dust and constantly have a runny nose so hopefully getting more fit and eating better will help. I just recently started reading about clean eating and it's a concept that makes sense to me. I know there are many facets and people can take it to extremes but I'm looking to eat less processed foods and eat more real foods. I know I will have a lot of questions along the way. Please anyone who would like to add me as a friend, please do. I will support you and you can support me.

Replies

• Fitgrl430
    Fitgrl430 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm newish here too. You can add me if you want :smile:
  • Martina_A_M
    Martina_A_M Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm new to the site too, feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
    We can definitely help each other out! Oh and by the way, I quit smoking 2 weeks ago as well, I feel AWESOME! Swimming 5 times a week, paying a lot of attention to my nutrition (I do have quite some experience in that area) and results are starting to show :smile: Let's do this!