Very confused about all of my numbers

Options
Hello there, okay, so, last summer, I joined this website and lost about 30 pounds. I did that by simply:
-Filling in the basic information on this website (height, weight, age, blah)
-The site told me to eat 1200 calories a day, okay, cool, I never really gave it a second thought
-I would walk or run all the time, burning around 300-500 calories
-I would gobble those calories right back up, still leaving my calorie intake around 1200, after I burned some off
-I still lost 30 pounds

Now I have started again, 30 pounds less than last time, and I have also found the lovely "community" section of the website. I am very confused now.
-What the heck is my BMR?
-Should I be eating the calories I lost?
-I workout 6 times a week, burning around 300-500 calories each time, and my calorie intake is, yet again, 1200, but from what i've read this is probably wrong

Can someone please just talk me through what I should be doing... Like calculating my BMR (whatever that is), what to subtract, what to add, what to eat, what to burn, etc.... I am very confused.... I thought I was doing it all right and I lost 30 pounds but now I feel I am doing it all wrong! Grrrr!!

PM me if it's more efficient

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Just do what you were originally doing and ignore everybody else. You're only going to get a mixed response anyway as everybody has a different opinion. Stick to what works for you.

I could go on about 1200 cals being too low etc... etc.. but I can't really be bothered. I'll just say it might be an idea to increase that slightly.

Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just do what you were originally doing and ignore everybody else. You're only going to get a mixed response anyway as everybody has a different opinion. Stick to what works for you.

this.

and when you get to about 10lbs from goal change your calorie goal to lose 1/2lb.
  • pontac
    pontac Posts: 4
    Options
    .. Like calculating my BMR (whatever that is)

See this post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
  • sadieos
    sadieos Posts: 4
    Options
    and when you get to about 10lbs from goal change your calorie goal to lose 1/2lb.

Why?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why?

Because the closer you are to goal the less deficit you should have