hello to all stay at home mommies

Options
Hello every one! My name is Jackie and I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful boys ages 4 and 11 months.
I am new to the site but started trying to loose weight a few weeks ago and have lost 1 lbs so far. I have tried many times and. many things to try and loose the baby weight but with little success. My husband is away at work often and although his side of the family is close, I don't see them often. My family is not here and being a stay at home mom I have very few friends around to help support me and motivate me in my journey to become a healthier and happier person not just for myself but for my kids.
So I am looking to make a few friends on here stay at home moms like me. Take care every one and good luck with all your weight loss goals.
Jackie

Replies

• skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie my name is andrea and I'm a stay at home mommy to :) I have two girls ages 7 and 9 and a 2 month old son. I am also trying to loose some weight and am stuck lol I am starting turbo jam and trying to stick with counting calories which seems to be hard for me
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Hey Jackie~
    Welcome to MFP, you are gonna just love it here. I am SAHM also, 6 year old girl and 19 month old boy. She likes to act like she wants to workout with me... then lays there exhausted reminding me how hard I am working :P My man works out of town alot too, or sometimes in town but terribly long hours. I would have to venture that most of my 'friends' don't even know I'm on this journey and the one that promised to be my workout buddy abandonded me before we really got started. She'll be jealous when I'm half our size!
    Once again, Welcome, and congrats on choosing to better yourself through health~
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Paula and I am a stay at home mommy of 2 boys :) (I also babysit 3 kids 2 to 4 days a week) I love being able to be home with them but it is difficult. Welcome and good luck!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a stay at home mom as well and tracking my food here and working out to Beachbody products has really helped me lose all of the weight and get in the best shape of my life. I have 3 kids, 1, almost 6 and an almost 9 year old so I know it can be challenging at times to find time to workout, especially during summer break. I've found that if I'm doing a workout that my kids can jump in and enjoy it with me it makes it a lot more fun. I'm doing Turbo Fire and we love it!!!
    Good luck with everything and stick to your goals

Angel
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    hi,
    Im a sahm as well. I have an almost 5 year old daughter and a 2 and half year old son. We are going to be homeschooling in the fall as well. I too have no family around nor friends but being on this site helps alittle. I just wish i had a walking buddy lol. Im trying my hardest to lose the baby fat from two kids so we can TTC next year sometime and have a healthy pregnancy.
  • addicted2sweets
    addicted2sweets Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Rhonda and I am also a SAHM. My boys are 3 and 5 and my step-daughter is 13. I've finally gotten rid of the pregnancy weight over the last 6 months and am now woking on the other extra 50 pounds I've been carrying around. I started here with a couple of friends, but they dropped away within the first month. I work out to Wii Active...Step Aerobics is my favorite.
  • mini2009
    mini2009 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello to everyone and all the inspiring stay at home Mums...congratulations on your motivation and weight loss so far! I'm a stay at home Mum to my beautiful 7 month old daughter and it's my mission to still lose another 16 kg...slowly getting there! My main form of exercise is an afternoon walk for about 45-60min with my daughter in the pram. I'm following the Dukan diet and it's definitely working for me...the first couple of days were difficult but after that so much easier as you notice the weight going down quite considerably...which is of course very motivating and encourages me to stick with it.

1134413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    [puts hand up]

I'm yet another SAHM - my daughter is coming up for 3 and my son has just turned 1.

I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is fantastic, so only a few more kilos to go until I'm at a "me" weight!

If anyone would like to be friends, please say!