Hungry after calorie counting for over a month!

I have lost 11 lbs in the past 6weeks. I stay in my calorie range and exercise 5 days a week. All of a sudden I am hungry lately, even after I eat. Anyone else? I also seem to keep my carbs down but my protein is up & my sugar is usually over a few grams.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How many calories do you net?
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Your diary isn't open, so specific advice will be hard to give.

What's your calorie range?

Do do eat back your exercise calories?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    How much protein, carbs and fat are you having?
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    try adding some fat (good fat) and having a protein, carb and fat at every meal and snack. If you exercising every day, you may need to up your calories.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Are you upping your exercise? Hormonal or drug changes?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    That's almost 2 pounds a week. That's a lot. Try eating 500 more calories a day.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    This is a HUGE problem for me when i cut calories. I can do it for like 4-6 weeks and then hunger gets me and it takes everything not to fly off the rails (and gain everything back). I think your body wants to restore itself back to what it knows, if that makes sense. My only solution has been to eat at maintenance for awhile and stick with healthy choices, just more of them - and allow some sweets.

If only I could get rid of the HUGE guilt monkey on my back that makes me feel terrible for eating more... But, that's my issue...
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    if we could see your diary.... but the simple answer lies here.... EM2WL...EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS..check out the web page :)
  • nasa91
    nasa91 Posts: 8
    You're probably not eating enough for sustainable weight loss. Try setting your goals to one pound or even half a pound of weight loss a week. This isn't a race. The finish line for living a healthy life is a long way off.
  • MEB1971
    MEB1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks everyone, this is new to me. I just opened my Diary. My cal count is 1260. I walk 5 days a week 2 days burn about 150 calories , 2 days burn about 310 calories and one day about 600 calories ( this is a big walk I do on Sundays to take cre of any treats I may have allowed myself over the weekend ????)
  • MEB1971
    I just opened Diary, cal range is 1260. I eat back some of the exercise calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Your rate of loss indicates 2 Lbs per week...is that what you set as your goal in MFP? With less than 20 Lbs to lose now, I'd actually adjust that to 1 Lb per week. When I was doing this, I ate back about 70-80% of my exercise calories and that kept me on target...if I ate less than that I lost more weight faster than intended...and I was hungry. When I ate most of my exercise calories back I lost at a rate much closer to my stated goal and wasn't hungry. It looks like for the most part you are doing that.

Looking at your diary, I'd suggest customizing your macro goals to up your protein, provided you don't have any medical conditions that would prevent you from doing so. MFP's default is pretty low on protein...it's the protein and healthy fats that are going to keep you feeling full. Don't eat carbs by themselves...have them with some protein as well.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Your rate of loss indicates 2 Lbs per week...is that what you set as your goal in MFP? With less than 20 Lbs to lose now, I'd actually adjust that to 1 Lb per week. When I was doing this, I ate back about 70-80% of my exercise calories and that kept me on target...if I ate less than that I lost more weight faster than intended...and I was hungry. When I ate most of my exercise calories back I lost at a rate much closer to my stated goal and wasn't hungry. It looks like for the most part you are doing that.

Looking at your diary, I'd suggest customizing your macro goals to up your protein, provided you don't have any medical conditions that would prevent you from doing so. MFP's default is pretty low on protein...it's the protein and healthy fats that are going to keep you feeling full. Don't eat carbs by themselves...have them with some protein as well.

I agree with cwolfman13. Try eating more of your exercise calories burned and up your protein & healthy fats to feel fuller for longer. Wait a week or so and if still feeling hungry or your weight loss stalls, then you will probably need to look at increasing your calories.
    Also think about checking your BMR number. You should really be netting this number at least per day to stay healthy. Losing slower is always healthier and more sustainable if you can.
  • MEB1971
    Great great info, thank you! The only times have ever lost more than 10 lbs was when I gave birth. Excited about getting healthy & feeling good about myself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Your time of the month changes things too. I always have a couple days around ovulation when I'm starving.