Baby Carrot Hiccups

Options
Seriously, I get hiccups every time I eat baby carrots. I don't eat them any faster than any other food, but I am guaranteed hiccups within a couple bites. I also get hiccups with some breads and french fries. Anyone in the bizarre hiccup cause club?

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hiccups after he eats anything. It's funny actually.
    Eating some foods may make it more likely for you to get the hiccups. These include hot and spicy foods or drinks and carbonated beverages. Eating and drinking too quickly or too much can give you the hiccups as well, as can consuming too much alcohol.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/respiratory/are-there-foods-that-cause-hiccups.htm

A quick google search provided the above. Sounds like some foods just do that to people. Give it a quick google search and see what more you may find or discuss with your doctor.
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hiccup if I eat anything exceptionally spicy!
  • SunnyLynnie
    SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is it me or does it seem to have to do with carbs? That's what all the foods you mentioned have in common.
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well, luckily it is just hiccups and nothing too serious. I have googled it and found lots of people in the same boat, but no medical explanation. It is quite funny, though, to grab a handful of carrots and expect to hiccup every single time.
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG! I thought I was the only one! I get the hiccups after I eat or drink. No specific foods that I've seen, though now I'm going to what and see if I can find a trend.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Me too !!!

Not just baby carrots, all raw carrots.

Thought it was just me !
  • tin0002
    tin0002 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just googled this because I also get baby carrot hiccups! It doesn't seem like other foods do this to me usually. Odd!