Oh Size 6 Where Art Thou?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new - just started this week. I'm a mom of two great little girls, ages 3 years and 3 months! I'm trying to get this left over baby weight off (same old story huh??) and a fellow mommy friend turned me on to this place (thanks Leah!). I am loving the site so far!

Growing up I was a skinny minny (actually used to wish I had hips :noway: - be careful what you wish for!!) and now am having a really hard time adjusting to having to watch my diet and to (oh horror) exercise! LOL Since it was never part of my life growing up I'm really struggling finding exercise I like and will keep up with (not to mention have time for - I work full time as well as being Mommy!).

My ultimate goal is to get back down to my wedding weight of 130 but that's a ways off and not something I'm focused on right now. My interim goal for now is getting back down to 140 - and back into my clothes that I miss so much!! :)

I look forward to being around and helping support everyone on their own journey!

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! This site has so much to offer, and I have even reccomended it to friends of mine!
    Good luck on your journey! Before you know it, you'll be able to fit back into those jeans! :smile:
  • debbert
    debbert Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Losing 15 lbs is certainly doable. The key for me is using My Fitness Pal. I eat so much "snacky food" and this helps me stay on track and accountable.

Good Luck!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome to this incredible site! :smile:
    As for excercise don't forget that cooking, cleaning, chasing after the kids, yard work etc. counts as excercise and really adds up. Since you are a working mom can walk during your breaks and lunches? That is what I do every day! Plus I joined Curves a couple of months ago and love it, only 1/2 for a full body work out and believe me you get an amazing work out!! For food you should stick to fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats and lean fish like Talapia, plus pre-pack your meals for work. I have gone from a size 14-16 to 4-6 and have 10 lbs. to go! But the most important info I can give you is that to take it one day at a time and don't stress because the weight will come off! Plus the best advice is to keep using this site, it really does keep you accountable if you use it everyday!! Good luck and I know you can do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • LeahSylina
    LeahSylina Posts: 40
    Options
    Kristi, so glad you made it over here! I'm loving this site so far too!

It sounds like we were both in the same boat before pregnancy. I was always thin. And then I got pg and gained 60 lbs (what was I thinking letting myself gain that much weight??). And then I got pg again almost right away. And now here I am 30 lbs up and can't believe I'm here.

Having come to the conclusion that I actually have to work out to lose weight...I can't believe it. And that the 30 lbs I need to lose are not going to come off overnight...that's hard for me to accept. I am not a patient person and I don't like that this has to be a marathon instead of just a short sprint.

BUT we can totally do this together! I also would like to get back to my wedding weight, but my first goal is to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Hoping my old wardrobe will still fit but I'm not sure since hips spread during pregnancy and I don't see myself ever fitting into a size 2 again haha.