Frustrated...and tempted to break the scale :-)

Options
I have been logging for awhile now and the numbers on the scale really aren't moving at all. I have been cautious of what I eat (trying to cut back on sugar) and I have been working out with a trainer since the end of January. I can tell I am getting more muscle but my clothes don't feel like they are fitting any differently. My diary is open so if you want to look at it and give me pointers or any suggestions it would help. It just sucks when you feel like you change everything but don't see a whole lot of difference. I am 25, 5'8", and weigh 189.

Thanks!

Replies

• HugzNKissez89
    Options
    Can't help without seeing your food diary. Open it to public?
  • soonerkt87
    soonerkt87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it is now, sorry I thought it was before. :-)
  • ThinkMini
    ThinkMini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please please please give it time. There is no one in history that has eaten within their calorie range, and been true to working out (and sweating and pushing), that has not seen results. I know it's easy to be discourage, but may i suggest just putting the scale aside for now and focusing on feeling stronger, and feeling like your head is cleared up after a good workout. And that eating good food wont make you feel lethargic and dreary. When you focus on that, you'll find that the weight DOES come off (sometimes faster or slower), but the weight wont be your focus, as much as feeling better will.
  • alysnyder
    alysnyder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No advice to offer, just a note to say hang in there. Even if its not visible yet, you are making more progress than the people who aren't taking any action. Congratulations making the choices that will lead you toward the life you want.
  • soonerkt87
    Options
    thank you :-)
  • soonerkt87
    Options
    thinking like that helps, thank you!! just wish it came off as easy as it went on lol
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Reduce your sodium to 1800 and see what happens
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have the same issue so am eager to see what ppl say.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i agree with socajam about the sodium...that can really help. also, idk if you are just not logging water intake, but you will retain water if you aren't getting enough water. stay hydrated! your diary looks pretty good from what i saw. keep it consistent as much as possible. leveling out is normal. stick with it! you can do it! :)
  • soonerkt87
    Options
    I haven't logged my water, I forget about that but I drink about 2-2.5 liters a day :-)