Painted Turtle Cab Sauv...all time favorite
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Is box a kind of wine?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    All the wine...just depends on my mood and the weather. If it's day time and warm I prefer a pinot grigio and occasionally a good rose or a white zin. When the sun is down I prefer red...I love a good Malbec...Pinot Noir is another favorite...a good Cabernet with a steak... actually not a big Merlot fan.

But really, if you poor me a glass of wine, I'm not going to turn you down.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like sweeter whites. My favorite is Chenin Blanc, any brand but it's not that easy to find. I also like almost all rieslings and Barefoot sauvignon blanc and pinot grigio.
    For reds I like pinor noirs, Mirassou makes a good one. Cupcake also has a red velvet cake wine and it's amazing.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do you like chocolate? Someone introduced me to Chocovin - a combination of red wine and chocolate. Normally I do not like a sweet wine - but this is really good! Other than that I'll take any good wine - any color!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yes, alllll the WHITE wine! Moscato, Reisling, Spatlese, Pinot Grigio. Yum :drinker:
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Favorite white: Veramonte Sauvignon Blanc La Gloria

Favorite red: Michael-David Petite Sirah Petite Petit
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love red wines, mostly cabs. In terms of value I love Rutherford Ranch cab sav from 2010.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet by Cupcake Wineries.... it's a smoother version of a Merlot. It's sooooo yummy!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just tried a white called sibling rivalry, it was pretty good. I love yellow tail as well.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I LOVE unoaked naked cabernet sauv....... I try not to buy it often because I will drink it ALL.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like red. I got hooked on Syrah and Shiraz when I went to Stellenbosch
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I like sweeter whites. My favorite is Chenin Blanc, any brand but it's not that easy to find. I also like almost all rieslings and Barefoot sauvignon blanc and pinot grigio.
    For reds I like pinor noirs, Mirassou makes a good one. Cupcake also has a red velvet cake wine and it's amazing.

Every try a Chenin Blanc by Pineridge? I think it's the best chenin blanc out there.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    1997 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon.

The best Californian wine by far, that I've ever had. Unfortunately, at 200 a bottle... a glass of it is not a frequent occurrence in my life ;)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Blackstone Merlot

Generally I can't stand Merlot. It makes my mouth dry and gives me a headache, but this Merlot is AWESOME, Its very smooth.

Also,

Apothic Red
    Wine Makers Blend.

This is a blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Syrah. It's amazing and a great crowd pleaser. I have yet to serve it to someone who didn't like it.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Do you like chocolate? Someone introduced me to Chocovin - a combination of red wine and chocolate. Normally I do not like a sweet wine - but this is really good! Other than that I'll take any good wine - any color!

I've had Chocovin, the one that I drank was really high in alcohol content but because it's so sweet, it sneaks up on you.
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fiano- sweet & white, the only place I can find it is Olive Garden.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't drink wine.......someone tell me where to start, lol

Anything in a large box!

You must be from the same town I grew up in...at least one of ((me)) grew up with a brain. Wine in any kind of box..is NOT WINE.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    There is so much good wine out there, I try not to drink the same one too often. If you're starting out, Chateau St. Michelle offers well priced and delicious whites and reds.

My personal favorite varieties for red are the spicy cabernets or malbec from south america or spanish riojas.
    New favorite whites are New Zealand sauvingon blancs.
    To be honest, I hated rose wine, until I went to the Provence region in France. Didn't have one that I didn't like, def recommend them