ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
Looking for some good homemade granola recipes.. any ideas

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/power-granola-10000001054879/

I made this but didn't need the oil and I left out cranberries &flaxseed it was super nice. About 1/3 cup was 166 cals

R
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get some too!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    8 cups oatmeal (...or I did 6 c oatmeal, 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes, and 1 c Kashi cereal I had on hand... you can be creative with 2 of the 8 cups to give it some different texture)
    In a sauce pan combine:
    3/4 c agave
    1/2 c canola oil
    1/2 c water
    1/4 c honey
    1/2 t salt
    Cook til warm, then add:1 t vanilla1 t cinnamon
    Pour sauce over dry ingredients. (I don't pour it all at once. Pour half, then mix well. Then pour the rest and mix well). Spread over 2 cookie sheets.
    Bake at 300 for 30-40 mins then take it out and stir it. (At this point I sprinkled it with a light sprinkle of Splenda and more cinnamon) Turn the oven down to 200, switch the cookie sheets (top to the bottom, bottom to the top) and cook it for another 30-45 mins (until your house starts to smell really yummy). Leave it on the counter for a few hours, then put it in a air tight container and you're set for some yummy snack and yogurt parfaits :)
  • Saxygranny
    Options
    5 cups old fashioned oats
    1 cup Whole Grain Total (optional, for texture contrast)
    1/2 cup chopped nuts
    1/4 cup oil
    1;4 cup agave
    1/2 cup dried fruit

Put the oats, Total and nuts in a large bowl and mix together. Combine the old and agave and microwave for 15 seconds just to warm. Pour it over the oat mixture and mix very well so that all of the oats are coated. Cover a cookie sheet with non-stick foil or parchment. Spread the granola on it evenly. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool. Break up into a large bowl and add fruit. Mix well. Store airtight.

Some combinations I have used are: dried cranberries and chopped walnuts; dried mixed fruit and chopped walnuts; dried cherries and slivered almonds; zest of a whole orange and chopped pecans; banana chips, unsweetened coconut and chopped walnuts. Or you could reduce the oil to 2 Tbsp and add 2 Tbsp tahini and 2 Tbsp sesame seeds and use 1/2 cup chopped dates for the fruit. Or 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. The possibilities are endless.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bumpity....