Detox tea- does anyone know?

Options
So I bought some detox tea and had my first cup last night. I brewed 1 bag in about 14 ounces of water and let it steep (covered) for almost 10 minutes.

I haven't detoxed anything. Am I doing something wrong? Should I use less water? More tea bags?

Thanks.

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    So I bought some detox tea and had my first cup last night. I brewed 1 bag in about 14 ounces of water and let it steep (covered) for almost 10 minutes.

I haven't detoxed anything. Am I doing something wrong? Should I use less water? More tea bags?

Thanks.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Detox tea isn't going to make you poop.. you do know that? Detox tea just gets rid of the crapola in ya system, it will come out through your urine. You'll probably notice a slight change in the color of your urine though. Drink it though.. It's good for you.
    I drink a cup a day... I drink it with dieter's tea.. that is what makes you poop.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for THAT kind of detox... perhaps you should check out Senna tea... :wink:

Detox tea just rids your body of free radicals, wastes (in your fat cells and bloodstream), and just general crud. As stated above, it will come out in your urine.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    oh. Haha, I've been cautiously waiting all day for something that isn't going to happen with this tea. :laugh:

I guess I'll go pick up some of the other stuff.

Thanks
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    oh. Haha, I've been cautiously waiting all day for something that isn't going to happen with this tea. :laugh:

I guess I'll go pick up some of the other stuff.

Thanks

Haha, oops... wrong "detox".

Check out the colon cleanse thread that was around the other day.