So many reasons

Options
Hello! My name is Jen and I am 37 and tired of being overweight. I have so many reasons for wanting to lose weight. I have never had the motivation though to actually get going and just do it. I need to lose 70 pounds. I have already lost 7 pounds and that is exciting for me but I need to motivation to continue. I tried a pay website to track calories but it seemed tedious to enter food items and excercise in. I found this website and love it AND it's free.......even better.
I don't usually chat on forums but think that if I could talk to other people and read about people's struggles I won't feel so alone. My husband encourages my weight loss but he has never struggled with weight and is very fit guy (runs marathons, bicycles, plays sports, etc...) I don't feel like I can tell him everything that I am feeling and how frustrating it is because he just doesn't understant. He tries but he has no persona experience to go on!
I have recently began working out with a coworker and that is great. I went from 0 exercise to 6 days a week for an hour exercise. I am hoping that as time goes on, getting up early to excercise will feel less like a chore and more like a necessity! Anyway....that's me in a nutshell. :smile:

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!
    Welcome to MFP! I'm glad you found this website and don't pay anymore for that other one! I'm the same way as you..I need motivation or I lose track of my goals real quick.
    Once I found this site though, my motivation kicked in! If I'm ever having one of those days I always go to the Success Stories and boy does that get me motivated again!
    If you need some friends to help you out on here feel free to add me, I'm always trying to motivate people :smile:

Good luck!!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome this site is brilliant :smile:
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Cool!

I found this site when I was really ready to commit to a permanent lifestyle change. I've found it very helpful to log in every day and log my eating. This especially works when I'm working- a little harder when it's the weekend, for example, but now I WANT to log in every day, it doesn't feel like a chore.

I started slowly, trying to ease into the idea that I needed to make some real, permanant changes, and it took several months of thinking about that, testing that, going off and on, before I just woke up one day knowing I was ready. Go easy on yourself, don't forget to forgive yourself for being human and imperfect! This site could really be motivating for you as it is for me. You just have to find what works for you. Working out with a buddy sounds like it's been really great for you! Explore the forums, join a few motivational groups, and add some friends. Seeing their status updates every day can be motivating. Some write more than others, and comment. Good luck!
  • rachy76
    rachy76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Jen, Welcome to MFP. My names Rach, im 33 and i like you came across this site and i have been hooked ever since, it really does help being able to log in exactly what goes past your lips each day, i pre plan my days meal the night before, helps me stick to it. So far ive lost 12lb in about 6 weeks, got a way to go yet though to hit my target. Feel free to add me as a friend and i will do my best to keep you motivated x
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    You made a great choice in joining mfp, not only can you find motivation from people's blogs, but when you're having a tough day post that on your comment and your mfp friends will carry you thru that day with overwelming support. And when you have something to celebrate, they will celebrate with you. Good luck with this journey and I wish you a lifetime of success.
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome here. MFP is a really great site and we will be there to encourage you and listening your frustration ;)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen and welcome to MFP
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    hi Jen you have found the best tool out there to get to your goal! this site has been most helpful for me. A friend told me about it just as I started to make changes and without this site I probably would have failed (again) by now! I look forward to sigining in everyday and logging my food and exercise and my weight once a week! I have struggled with a 3 pound gain in May but I am past that now! I am sure I will struggle again but as time goes on I am getting really good at this so called life style change! my next challenge is "Couch to 5k" I feel really good and you will too, just keep at it even when you go over your calories log everything and move on YOU can do this!

Kristina