Someone should call the police on Shaun T!!

Options
I strongly believe that man tried to kill me today! :laugh:

This is my first week on MFP and I'm so happy i made the decision to join this community, because I feel like I have to be a good girl, and behave, such as doing regular exercise and keep away from temptation. After a week of doing regular walks, I decided to give it a go with Insanity. I had bought it a couple of months ago...but only yesterday did I decide to do it. The fit test alone left me panting, so I knew it would be hard. Day one was really unbelievable. I think there was not an inch on my body that wasn't covered in sweat. It was really difficult to do it till the end, but I felt ever so accomplished! From the beginning I thought that I was way too heavy for Insanity, and I should only give it a try when I lost about 30/40 pounds, because there's no way that someone my size could do it, so I'm super happy with myself for being able to make it.More and more, I feel THIS time I really am going to make it!

Replies

• writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Great effort.... I am just finishing 2nd week of Insanity and it's a great workout.

Good luck with the rest of the programme and stick at it!
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Ripped in 30 while waiting for my Insanity to arrive. The more I read about Insanity the more scared I am :D
  • lilaun
    lilaun Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks! I hope it'll get easier! I'm going to push through! i really want to stick to it! Nothing beats that huge feeling of accomplishment after you've finished the workout (or maybe I'm just over the moon because it was finally over :wink: !!)
  • lilaun
    Options
    I'm finishing up Ripped in 30 while waiting for my Insanity to arrive. The more I read about Insanity the more scared I am :D

LOL! I so know what you mean! :)
  • titanbonnie
    Options
    Ive done insanity multiple times, now Ill just do the sports or abs CD if I need a good workout to pump me up or if I ate grains that day<3
  • lilaun
    Options
    Ive done insanity multiple times, now Ill just do the sports or abs CD if I need a good workout to pump me up or if I ate grains that day<3

Wow! Multiple times? Wow again! No wonder you look AB-FAB!!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I hope it'll get easier! I'm going to push through! i really want to stick to it! Nothing beats that huge feeling of accomplishment after you've finished the workout (or maybe I'm just over the moon because it was finally over :wink: !!)

It NEVER gets "easier!" YOU get stronger! I am half way through week 7, just finished Max Interval Plyo, and I feel tired but awesome! I started this program straight from the couch too! 5'4" and SW of 186. So it's not like I worked out regularly and then tried it.

Don't try to keep up with the people in the video and you will be just fine! The only thing to be scared about with Insanity is it becomes somewhat addicting. How much harder can I push myself? Can I burn more calories on this video than I did last time? Holy crap I'm about done, what will I do next?

Feel free to friend me if you want. Oh and BTW I think Shaun T is evil, but in an awesome way.
  • lilaun
    Options

Feel free to friend me if you want. Oh and BTW I think Shaun T is evil, but in an awesome way.

Oh, you are SO right! That man is evil, indeed! But that's the kind of evil I needed, I guess!
    I do understand what you mean about it not getting 'easier', because you keep pushing yourself. And that's what I want to do :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    It will get easier. Then you'll hit the Max Phase. Good luck!
  • TurtleOfWar
    Options
    I want to start Insanity, or P90X very soon here. I haven't done any workout programs before. Hoping the results are there, because it sounds like a lot of work. Good luck to you!
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The only thing to be scared about with Insanity is it becomes somewhat addicting. How much harder can I push myself? Can I burn more calories on this video than I did last time? Holy crap I'm about done, what will I do next?

I sure hope I will get addicted! I kind of felt that vibe in week 3 of Ripped in 30, but now I'm in week 4 and feel tired and not willing to work on it anymore.... But I'll make it through. Tomorrow I'm getting a HRM, hope that will make me push myself more - for the result :D
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The only thing to be scared about with Insanity is it becomes somewhat addicting. How much harder can I push myself? Can I burn more calories on this video than I did last time? Holy crap I'm about done, what will I do next?

I sure hope I will get addicted! I kind of felt that vibe in week 3 of Ripped in 30, but now I'm in week 4 and feel tired and not willing to work on it anymore.... But I'll make it through. Tomorrow I'm getting a HRM, hope that will make me push myself more - for the result :D

Getting a HRM was the best thing I did! I guessed the first few weeks and was way wrong. Now with the HRM I can SEE what I have done. Like i said it has gotten me to want to "beat" what I did the last time I did a video. Except for the Cardio ones, I HATE those!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    insanity is crazy but you will sweat your *kitten* off!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted and try to beat my last HRM reading... in the middle of the 2nd week and loving it! Just ordered hip hops abs too so I can add these on top of Insanity..
  • paula341
    paula341 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am on day 4 and car barely move as my body has took some shock to the system haha!! Am with you lock Shaun T up! Evil man! Lol!! :) xx
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I started Insanity I was 215 pounds! I'm now on week 8 out of 9 and am 203 pounds! On days where I reallllly push myself I make the joke that Shaun T is a sadist :p

I tried to start when I was 230 pounds but it was too hard for me, so I kept at 30DS and Kickbox Fast Fix by Jillian Michaels until I was able to actually finish the first workout that wasn't the fit test :p