I'm having such a hard time getting going again...

Options
I was waylaid by a car accident a year ago and spinal surgery in December. But as of a month ago, I received clearance from my surgeon to get on with exercise. I need to get my butt in gear and start running again, but I just cannot find the *umph* to do it. I work 40 hours a week and volunteer another 20-ish, so time is an issue. But I absolutely have to do this. I don't have that much more to go to meet my goal.

Help! I'm eating like crap. I probably gained 6 to 10 lbs in the past 2 months or so. I just...don't care right now. I want to care. How do I start to care again?

I need to exercise & I need to log my food. What will get me to do these things?

Replies

• SabrinaLeeBee
    Options
    I'm living in a really similar reality! I know what I SHOULD do...I know what I CAN do...and what do I do? A whole lot of starting and stopping and eating garbage and napping instead of exercise :(

I've gotten out of these funks in the past...maybe Spring will push us into gear?
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Hey,

It looks like we are in the same slowly sinking boat. I had three surgeries in a year and am still trying to get back on track. I am determined to not let this get away with me, so if you want a friend, add me. We can do it together. I use my phone a good portion of the time, but I do check in and see how my friends are doing that need the extra push. Take care!