Raspberry Yogurt Fluff w/ PHOTO. Only 2 WW Points!

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
Is it hot where you are today? It is here in Toronto an almost record breaking 117 degrees so I thought a cool low-fat treat post was in order.

As a few of you may recall, my office was planning a bake sale for the Sick Kids Heat Wave Volleyball tournament I am participating in on Saturday. I asked for popular bake-sale recipes from you guys that were full-fat & flavourful so that they would sell well (I was cautioned against my low-fat creations, they are fun to test at pot lucks apparently but not for $).

In the end I caved and stuck to my bubbly-nutrition-recipe calculating-girl reputation that well, is me ;) I chose to make my Yogurt Fluff recipe I had first tried a few months ago but doubled the recipe, put it into 16 clear plastic champagne cups topped with whipped cream and a raspberry and you know what? THEY SOLD OUT!! The only item to sell out actually! The heat probably helped me a bit plus I like to think aesthetic value helped. I’m a fan of signs too with the food I make at work (yea, big nerd over here, ha ha!) so maybe just my effort got people to try it (the 2nd photo is the sign I made) Hey, it supports a charity after all right? They loved it so much I’ve had to e-mail a few people the recipe. I should have charged for that too for Sick Kids, oh well!

Anyway, the one I made in the photo is Cherry but you can use any flavour of Jello you’d like and even yogurt. I’ve done this with plain and now vanilla yogurt.

¾ cup boiling water
1 pkg Raspberry Jello (sugar-free)
Ice cubes (about ½ cup)
½ cup cold water
1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
½ tsp vanilla extract

Directions: In a medium bowl, stir boiling water into gelatin powder for at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. In a separate large measuring cup, add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to Jello; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Add yogurt and vanilla, stir with wire whist until well blended. Pour evenly into 4 dessert dishes. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Add dollop of whipped cream before serving. Makes 2 big servings, can be divided into 4 if desired (only 1 WW point then).

WW Points: 2 (110 calories, 2.9g fat, 9.8 sugars)

Picture068.jpg

mccbakesale.jpg

Replies

• DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks,That looks sooo yummy,I can't wait to try that myself.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump! That looks delicious!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That looks SO good. I have some jell-o in the pantry...may try this out!
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Looks ever so yummy :D
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds wonderful. You could even add some fiber to it by adding some real raspberries on top, along with the topping. I am lucky enough to live where raspberries are available fresh right now. Did you know a cup of them has less than 100 calories and about 8 grams of fiber!!!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Looks and sounds wonderful. You could even add some fiber to it by adding some real raspberries on top, along with the topping. I am lucky enough to live where raspberries are available fresh right now. Did you know a cup of them has less than 100 calories and about 8 grams of fiber!!!

Oh I know, I wish I had brought my camera to work today to show you the mini creations, they were so cute and they each had a raspberry on top. I think I have enough yogurt to make this again so I'll be sure to load up the berries with the rest of the container I used today.
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    Bump! I must try this!!
  • NurseWeber25
    Options
    That looks soooo yummy!!

Did you say 117 degrees in Toronto?!?!Is that right or is it a typo? ^_^
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    That looks soooo yummy!!

Did you say 117 degrees in Toronto?!?!Is that right or is it a typo? ^_^

YUP! That is not a typo, insane right? It's 100 + the humidex factor = 117. Feels like 46 degrees for my fellow Celsius friends.
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    bump
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!
  • NurseWeber25
    Options
    Wow you poor poor thing lol - that is insanely hot!!! It shouldnt be that hot in Canada....EVER! lol