Jillian Michaels or Insanity?

Options
I've done Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and ripped in 30 and have seen a little change in how I look.

But now I don't know whether to continue with the Jillian Michaels DVD's or invest in Insanity?

What does anyone think?

I'm an 18yr old student with limited space, 5'4 and 137.8 lbs and wanting to loose about 10lb and seriously tone up.

Replies

• Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like both programs, but you are going to see (in my opinion) quicker/more extreme results with Insanity because it is so high intensity. I had done Jillian Michaels (RI30, No more Trouble zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, etc.) for a few years with moderate results...but after doing Insanity I can say the results come much more quickly (if you're eating healthy-this is the most important part).

Insanity is definitely a tough work out but if you push yourself to YOUR max, you will get a killer workout. That being said, you could always increase your weight with the Jillian workouts and probably see increased stamina/weight loss too.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I like both programs, but you are going to see (in my opinion) quicker/more extreme results with Insanity because it is so high intensity. I had done Jillian Michaels (RI30, No more Trouble zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, etc.) for a few years with moderate results...but after doing Insanity I can say the results come much more quickly (if you're eating healthy-this is the most important part).

Insanity is definitely a tough work out but if you push yourself to YOUR max, you will get a killer workout. That being said, you could always increase your weight with the Jillian workouts and probably see increased stamina/weight loss too.

I agree with everything she said. I'd go with Insanity.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What about Chalean E treme
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I take it you probably aren't adding more weight to make the exercises more difficult....if you go to college they probably have a fitness center, use it. The Jillian shred dvds are easy, consider her new hard body one or one of her more intense ones.

I hated insanity. I thought it was stupid, just a bunch of push ups and burpees. You can do that already. I like more structure. But to each his own. I am glad I didn't spend money on it.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    BOTH!!! ?
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No need to spend money if you go with Insanity. All the vids are on youtube FREE :flowerforyou:
    You can also google the calendar and the nutrition guide and download them for FREE
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm an 18yr old student with limited space, 5'4 and 137.8 lbs and wanting to loose about 10lb and seriously tone up.

"Toning up" actually means putting on a bit of muscle. Resistance Training/Heavy Lifting is the only way.

Someone above me mentioned the College Fitness Center. Learn to lift. The rewards are much more noticeable than any Cardio workout can give you.
  • nurn08
    nurn08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a LOT of jumping and my knees were bothering my by week 7 so I stopped. If you are living in a dorm or apartment insanity will not work for you if you have anybody living under you.
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have lifted before and have been adding more weight while doing the shred dvd's
    However I hate the college fitness centre, in fact any fitness centre. I prefer to work out at home where I feel less self conscious and push myself further

I never realised they were on youtube haha thanks for that :)
  • mlbuxbaum
    Options
    i would say that if you didn't see results, your nutrition was way off. Nutrition is the key, plain and simple, no other way to put it. As a graduate of Insanity, i can honestly tell you that if you follow the nutrition plan that it comes with and give it your best effort every day, the results can't help but show up. PERIOD.

I am a certified P90X trainer, and EVERY trainer that i know will tell you nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. If you dont fuel the body with what it needs, you will not see results.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity!!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have lifted before and have been adding more weight while doing the shred dvd's
    However I hate the college fitness centre, in fact any fitness centre. I prefer to work out at home where I feel less self conscious and push myself further

I never realised they were on youtube haha thanks for that :)
    Not sure if they are. Can't find them and someone else on another post said they were ' found out' and so it was taken off.