Is doing too much negatively impacting me?

Options
So, I've been doing insanity and sometimes if I can't fit in the workout I'm supposed to do that day, I'll fit it in another day. However, sometimes I try and fit in the extra workout just because I've missed it and not because I have time to do so.

Since this has started I've noticed my stomach has became very sore and iffy, my eating and sleeping patterns etc are irratic, along with other things. Do you think the pressure from doing so much is affecting me in these ways, that I'm over-doing it?

I just never know it is acceptable to miss maybe one or two workouts because of time (and not fit them in elsewhere), when I should be following all the days.

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    And by sore I meant my stomach has recently started feeling sore and 'bloated' without looking bloated, gets cramps and twinges, feels generally uncomfortable etc.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awww, it sounds like you're stressing your self out big time and yes, that can cause tummy trouble, sleep issues, and eating issues. I am not familiar with Insanity but it sounds like you're supposed to do something each day? Is this correct? I can't immaging that occasionally skipping one day and then picking back up where you left off is going to de-rail all of your hard work. That's just my .02 worth though, maybe someone who is doing or has done Insanity might have something different to offer.

I do know that stressing yourself out over exercising isn't good for you no matter what the work out routine you follow.