Holy S***!

Options
NSV
I finally experienced runners high. i've always thought it was a myth.

But here in Baltimore, its 91 degrees(just heard the news guy say that :)). Hot, but a semi nice breeze.

I went for a 45 min run, in a highly crowded traffic filled area. Running along side busy roads.

Half the time i was like F this, im going home. But i kept going...and going...and going...and occasionally hating myself because my legs hurt.

I'm home now, on my couch and like OMG I DID IT!! I REALLY REALLY DID IT ON THE HOTTEST DAY!!!!!!
Now granted i'm all sweaty, i feel swollen but hey, i did a 45min run and i didn't let myself quit.

Now thats called going to bed tonight with some massive satisfication!

Replies

• nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • KristaHuyer
    Options
    nice work! My goal is to get there too! 5 K the end of June! Gotta make it through :)
  • jayrae87
    jayrae87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is no way that it's 91 degrees in April in Baltimore! But that's otherwise awesome!!

EDIT: Okay, I feel like a jerk for posting that ^^ and checked your weather report. That is so crazy! You ain't lyin'!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nice. It gets even better, just wait. Keep plugging, crazy good what you can do...
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am glad you feel great :) Yay!!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    NSV
    I finally experienced runners high. i've always thought it was a myth.

But here in Baltimore, its 91 degrees(just heard the news guy say that :)). Hot, but a semi nice breeze.

I went for a 45 min run, in a highly crowded traffic filled area. Running along side busy roads.

Half the time i was like F this, im going home. But i kept going...and going...and going...and occasionally hating myself because my legs hurt.

I'm home now, on my couch and like OMG I DID IT!! I REALLY REALLY DID IT ON THE HOTTEST DAY!!!!!!
    Now granted i'm all sweaty, i feel swollen but hey, i did a 45min run and i didn't let myself quit.

Now thats called going to bed tonight with some massive satisfication!

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club (you run further than I do, but, I know exactly how you feel!)

That's awesome, I'm proud for you!

-BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • mah1120
    mah1120 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in Baltimore so I understand! Congratulations!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, I am mildly jealous you are getting heat. We normally have beautiful weather by this time of year and it is the winter that would never end and has been a horribly cold spring.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I used to run...and, know it's a great feeling.

BTW, I'm in Rockville. It was mighty hot today!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Giving you a high 5 right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Wahoooooo!!! A runners high is my favorite thing ever =)
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I {HEART} running success stories!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!