Guilty?

Options
Should I be feeling guilty for having dessert for a night? Someone bought me dessert and I have been really good, and I want to have it, and it even brings me under my calorie limit, but I still feel bad about it, but that just seems silly, does anyone else ever have this problem? What do you do about it?

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my Caloric intake and Macro's nothing I want is off limits or makes me feel guilty whatsoever...... Best of Luck...
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my Caloric intake and Macro's nothing I want is off limits or makes me feel guilty whatsoever...... Best of Luck...

Exactly. What's wrong with dessert? Nothing? Consume and carry on. :)
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you try to refuse yourself the stuff you like you are going to fail. Bad foods in moderation are fine. Thats the whole reason of counting cals is if u want something special you gotta leave room for it. :-) Have it.
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Thanks, I guess i've just been a little too strict on myself, I haven't been splurging every night, so I guess there isnt much harm in once every so often.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If it fits and you enjoy it, then why should you feel guilty ? It is not healthy or productive to feel guilty about food or scared to eat more indulgent foods from time to time. I have a treat most days, whether it be dark chocolate, berries and yoghurt or a granola bar. On Saturdays, I allow myself cake or a cooked breakfast or pie or pizza or ice cream or whatever I fancy that is more indulgent. Enjoy the dessert and ditch the guilt, you have not committed a crime,
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1. IIFYM

2. Food has no relation to morality. There's no reason to feel guilty for eating unless you stole it or something.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that if you always deny yourself of a little dessert, it will simply lead to epic failure.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    guilt is a useless emotion. Move on. Desert is absolutely fine, even if it doesn't fit in your calorie goals. One day in the grand scheme of things is not going to make anything or break anything.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories & macros then definitely don't feel guity. Even if you did go over in calories by eating something you can always improve the next day.
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. IIFYM

QFT. Eat what you want.

17892839.png
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options

^^^this^^^ It's not about being perfect, it's a journey and we can still enjoy the world, just in moderation.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty about eating most of the time. It's about seeing those damned red numbers in my diary (any amount over) and dealing with my confirmed high blood pressure. Last week, I ate a blueberry muffin that would have put me over in calories and sodium by 200ish and though I had a great deficit for the week, I felt horrible for eating it.

It's not "normal" to feel guilt about eating, but it happens and I can't do anything to stop it.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had dessert and it was good. Still under on my calories too. Enjoy your dessert.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't eat sugar anymore so I just say no thanks.

I used to indulge once a week & it is important not to feel guilt if you decide to have a treat. Enjoy it! What fun is an indulgence if you are going to feel guilty about it? Just get right back on plan.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If you don't want it, send it my way...I'll eat it for ya and tell ya how yum it is. :laugh: :drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it takes awhile to get out of the old dieting mindset that requires deprivation and at least some misery to show we're "dieting".
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel guilty at all! I know what you're saying though. Popular weight loss beliefs make us think that dessert=bad. That's not always the case. It sounds like it fit in your day and no harm done.

Go ahead and live a little... have dessert on occasion! :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Think about the fact that there is some nutrition in just about any dessert you can have because it is just food right? So it's not an evil thing to never touch again or feel bad about.