Logging exercise advice

Options
Okay, I have not been using Fitness pal long and have started the 30 day shred today. Is there any advice out there on how I can log this in my daily exercise?

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Most people recommend Circuit Training
  • chip40
    chip40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Create your own workout and name it 30 day Shred. Estimate your calorie burn or use a heart monitor to keep an accurate count.
    I created workouts for P90X and Insanity. For Example: P90X-Arms & Back or Insanity-Cardio Circuit. That way it is there.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry it double posted....
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would not use the circuit training. I use a Heart Rate Monitor, and for level 1 shred, I usually burn 185-200 calories. I went on and clicked as if I was going to add circuit training, and for the same amount of minutes, MFP estimated that I would burn 372?!?!?! I always feel like MFP estimates high for me, but an extra 175 calories or more? That just seems really high to me. I would recommend using a heart rate monitor to actually see what you burn, and then enter your own exercise.
  • julesotto
    julesotto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks people. Will look into creating my own workout in both cardio and strength. It's a shame MFP hasn't picked up on this and added as an option.