New User/University

Options
Hi All!

I'm nearing the end of my second year of university, and unfortunately I'm at the point where two years of res food, plus little exercise has led me to gaining ~45lbs and living in leggings and hoodies. I"m moving into my first apartment in a week, and I'm determined to lose all the weight I put on the past two years through healthy eating and exercising. However, I'm going to be on a limited budget, in both time and money.

Does anyone have any tips for time management/healthy eating?

Feel free to add me as a friend, or comment here :) i'm looking forward to becoming healthy again!

Ally :)

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I encourge & motivate my friends.
  • jmhermann
    jmhermann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior in college and probably one of the worst yo yo dieters around. The best advice is to recognize it is a process. I don't really eat pasta anymore (used to be a huge mac n cheese junkie) and I'm working on phasing out things like pizza. I've quit cold turkey so many times, and life always gets in the way so it doesn't stick. Also, pledge to do something active 3x/wk. Watch a tv show on your phone at the gym if you have the option to do so, or go running to your favorite spot. Treat it like a class and don't neglect it. It's a great stress reliever from school!!!

Best of luck!

Jules
  • allychant261
    allychant261 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Those are great tips! I'll definitely be working on phasing out pasta! And I never thought of watching tv at the gym.. genius!

xx Ally