Insanity......

Options
Ok, I am really wanting to do this workout... I was wonerding if I could get some insight... Yes I am a big girl.. but NOT for long!!! :) Insanity looks amazing and i really need to get my tummy toned! Please help with any input you have ladies!! or men!! Thank you!!!

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! Size doesn't matter. Just modify the moves you can't do at the time. You'll build up on endurance and strength. I feel like if this is where you're going to start it's great that your choosing Insanity. Don't try to keep up with them. Just do your best. I'm currently on Day 10 of Insanity so if you would like an insane buddie to help keep you on track. I'm here. Good luck! Oh, and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me :)
  • prettyeyez55
    prettyeyez55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you so much! it is something i have been wanting to do for awhile and now I am ready for it!!
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    I say go for it! Size doesn't matter. Just modify the moves you can't do at the time. You'll build up on endurance and strength. I feel like if this is where you're going to start it's great that your choosing Insanity. Don't try to keep up with them. Just do your best. I'm currently on Day 10 of Insanity so if you would like an insane buddie to help keep you on track. I'm here. Good luck! Oh, and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me :)

Yep..everything she said. I'm 382 lbs and go for what I know. I take my time and take as many breaks as I need. i'm on my second week and I can already tell a difference. I also joined an Insanity support group that has helped me.
  • prettyeyez55
    prettyeyez55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! thank you !!!
  • DestinyNSnyder
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 of Insanity and I weigh 240 . I just go my own pace and rest when needed.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    It can be modified to any level of fitness. Listen to your body and you will be just fine.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    in the 190s here and on day 9..actually did day 10..so two insanity workouts today...

some moves are hard but do what you can..I can already notice a huge difference in my stamina from day 1..

I was lifting weights before this so my arms were getting some definition and today I noticed even more..I guess all those plank drills are paying off..
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, and I'm going to do it 4-5 days per week instead of the suggested 6. I don't have the time to do it 6 times a week because I am coming up on finals week. I'm starting out weighing somewhere from 189-191 (keeps fluctuating). Hoping this will help me break my plateau.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of month 2 of insanity, my weight... Well, I have a lot to lose. Anyway, I love the program. I've noticed the most changes in my arms and legs. You definitely should try it. I did 30 DS for a few weeks before starting to get into high impact cardio. It was definitely helpful! I will be glad to answer any questions you have! Good luck, you can do it! I can't wait to earn that gray tshirt.
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have done it on and off for almost a year. It's a great workout and burns a good amount of calories. Rest when you have to and soon you won't need to at all!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to earn that gray tshirt.

Me either I'm so excited! :bigsmile:
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm on second round of Insanity. We all gotta have to start somewhere don't we? I truly admire your determination in considering Insanity I believe it's one of the best workouts we have available and if you're committed and dedicated in doing so the result is unbelievable.

I definitely recommend Insanity although you really didn't specify your weight, it depends as I usually encourage some people who are more on the heavy side to focus with more cardio and strength training exercises in the beginning to build up on their endurance. Insanity is a very intense workout to achieve a good result you have to at least be able to do 75% of it with good proper form the least you want is to injure yourself.

For any person who is a beginner with no previous workout experience doing Insanity is like setting yourself up for failure, it can be overwhelming, having a desire to start with something more likely achievable and realistic goal will give anyone a better result at the end.

You know yourself better than me or anybody for that matter whatever you decide on make sure to give your best after all it's you who will benefit from it. Best of luck!