Does Zumba work?

Options
I am thinking about buying it for my WII. Is there anyone that an tell me if it works and helps me lose some weight? I would love to know.

Replies

• nerdfighter1997
    Options
    bump
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few fitness games for my Wii, including Zumba. I have trouble following some of the steps, but it's definitely a workout. I'm sure it would work if you do it consistently. It really doesn't matter what exercise you do, as long as you're adhering to the formula of moving more and eating less.
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I tried out zumba at my gym for a while, and i had such a good time doing it. It can definitely help you burn lots of calories. My friend uses a heart rate monitor and burns about 700 calories after an hour of zumba. the most important thing is getting your heart rate up and staying in motion.

If you're like me, you might feel absolutely foolish when you first start out, but stick with it. as you learn the moves, it gets easier and lots more fun. I've never played the wii version, but heard good things.

Good luck, doll! You can do it! Get that booty moving!
  • nerdfighter1997
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! I will be sure to try this!
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Love it! Don't hesitate to try it. It will definitely give you a workout if you participate fully. I am a Zumba junky.
  • Thee365
    Thee365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just left a zumba class about 1 hr ago....It is the frosting on my work week. If you like music and moving you will enjoy it. Good luck
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! I find it on youtube. I can't dance to save my life so the whole time I am trying to keep up and then the workout is over...which works for me, doesn't seem like drudgery and it burns a lot of calories. Remember to wear shoes even when you do it at home though. Cross trainers are best. Protect your ankles from strain.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, and my loss shows it :)
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    YES!! I have lost 23 (22.6) lbs in 3 months. My main cardio is 60 min of Zumba 3 days/week. I will warn you...you will be addicted after you try it! It is so much fun! I get real bummed if i cant go to class!