Stretch Marks , help ..

Options
I recently went off of the Depo Shot , and gained about 35 lbs within a 2 month span .. which caused me to gain a few stretch marks around my belly button . I'm only 18 , so this makes me want to cry .. literally . I am about to go back on the shot as of Friday , but does anyone know a good weigh to get rid of / lighten them ?

Please help me :'(

Replies

• Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since your age too. Lots of people do, I love bio oil it made the stretch marks on my breasted and arms almost diapoear. They are still there but just hard to see, some of the stretch marks are 20 years old.
    ETA I buy bio oil at walmart on the face lotion aisle
  • GoalSoClose
    Options
    Not an expert but I believe cocoa butter and coconut oil can help a bit. It will eventually "fix" itself but if you continue to change weight, either lose or gain, then stretch marks are hard to avoid.
  • 50DayCountdown
    Options
    Thank you ! I will definitely have to try it !
    I know I had a dark purple scar on my knee and I used neosporien scar cream on it , and it disappeared. So , hopefully if I use your product and the cream , they will disappear . They aren't that old or dark , so hopefully by using this , tanning and toning up , they will go away ! Lol :)
  • 50DayCountdown
    Options
    Also , I have lost weight many times and never had them . I think it was just the rapid weight gain that caused them , also , I am not that big at all . Hopefully I can get them to go away.
  • jen_mv
    jen_mv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They'll fade naturally just by losing weight, but I think the things other people mentioned will probably make them fade a little better.
  • GoalSoClose
    Options
    Yea, basically drastic changes in weight in short periods of time will cause stretch marks. Excess skin can also occur with extreme weight loss. Your skin is an organ, it can repair itself. Eating your healthy fats helps the process by keeping your skin lubricated. Probably not the best answer you were looking for but you need to give it some time.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Apply biooil or something on them now while they're still red. They're much harder to remove when they're white.