IPOARM and 30DS = no change

Options
Ok, I'm expecting too much, this I know but I'm on L1D4 of the 30 Day Shred and no change. Not an ounce (weighing the same since March 27, have been on the shred since april 4) not a centimeter, nada. I'm doing the IPOARM plus the 30DS so I do expect to see something.. right??? I'm know, I KNOW change will come but wouldn't it be nice if I saw an ounce on the scale? I'm eating over my BMR and always try to eat my total calories (don't always make it). I drink lots of water (don't log all of it in), so what's the deal?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating according to the road map? And I gotta say, looking at your diary for about the last week, you had several days where you barely ate over 1000 cals - what is your BMR??

Only a week into 30DS is not enough time to see progress, and if it's been less than a month on IPOARM, also too soon. Patience is the key! :smile: And we don't like to be patient, do we? LOL

Don't just rely on your scale - take measurements and photos, they will show your progress better than the scale does. And eat your calories! Food is fuel, and if your numbers are correct and you are eating the road map way, that means eating to goal on a regular basis, not 200-300 cals under.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    lol sample size
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    First, DOCTOR WHO!!! You like him so you must be totally awesome. Ten was and still is my favorite. LOL.

I checked my diary and I see those low calorie days which is odd because I did not log those in that way. It's missing my food entries. :( I have been eating close to 1400 a day. Hmmm. I wonder if there's a problem with the phone syncing.

Ok so, patience is they key and that's something that I am no good at. Gotta learn that right? YOu should see me waiting in lines. Not good. I've been doing the road map for 25 days or so. When I first joined MFP I was on 1200 calories but changed over pretty quickly.

I took measurements when I figured out my BMI for the BMR and body fat so I'll have to check those with my current body. Like I said, I know it's going to happen.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ten was and still is my favorite.

tumblr_mbwjfbRe5z1r1vgod.gif
    Mine too!
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    WhenI did 30DS I didn't see very much change in the scale, where I did see a difference is in my measurements! Huge difference, as in 18 inches all over GONE! (Chest, waist, hips, thighs, arms and at my belly button) So I would say rely on the tape measure not the scale for 30DS. Unfortunately I didn't take pics.

This was just under a year ago and I restarted it again yesterday hoping for similar results again! (Although it probably will be slightly less as I have less to lose! lol)
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm expecting too much, this I know but I'm on L1D4 of the 30 Day Shred and no change. Not an ounce (weighing the same since March 27, have been on the shred since april 4) not a centimeter, nada. I'm doing the IPOARM plus the 30DS so I do expect to see something.. right??? I'm know, I KNOW change will come but wouldn't it be nice if I saw an ounce on the scale? I'm eating over my BMR and always try to eat my total calories (don't always make it). I drink lots of water (don't log all of it in), so what's the deal?

You're going to have to give it a little more time before you see results. It'll happen if you keep up the hard work!
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A New IPOARM? That's news to me. Ok, Will read it and wait and wait and a wait. THanks for the advice, folks!