Steroids

Options
So a guy I know (not me) is thinking about juicing up, But I....I mean HE has a lot of questions about the proper way to do this.

1. where do you put the steroids?
2. when do you take them and how often?
3. what klind should he take?
4. what does he eat when hes on them?
5. Can he do cardio?
6. Are you not supposed to workout your legs?

If there is someone knowledgable on this topic, please help my friend. The last thing he wants to do is spend a lot of money and not get any results. Thanks!

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    While I know nothing about the subject, I just had to comment and giggle that eveyrone will assume it's you just cos you posted it.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Can you say "Hello back acne!!"
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    1. On your balls. Ignore the warning label. Obviously explosively large balls is the way to go.
    2. I'm not sure....I had to....I mean a friend had to triple up just to get buds started of aforementioned balls. I hear that's in these days.
    3. The kind they inject into cows utters.
    4.bwahaha....pm me for that answer ;)
    5.no, cardio is very bad! Unless you shave and astroglide your inner thighs....you know, so the gonads can get a smooth swing action. Try not to enjoy too much though.
    6. I'm on a tight schedule and I need to shave my mustache and moobs.....got a hot date tonight. Sorry I had to skip this one!

Good luck and I expect pics of results.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    So a guy I know (not me) is thinking about juicing up, But I....I mean HE has a lot of questions about the proper way to do this.

5. Can he do cardio?

If there is someone knowledgable on this topic, please help my friend. The last thing he wants to do is spend a lot of money and not get any results. Thanks!

out of curiosity... why are things like this not considered body image related disorders like any ED?
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options

5. Can he do cardio?

out of curiosity... why are things like this not considered body image related disorders like any ED?

Hmmm.....good point.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yea, some guy you know. There are published books on this, FFS
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options

If it's oral of course in your mouth. If it's an injection, depends if one is doing site injection or not.
    Unless through a "doctor", then they're illegal. Out of the country is the option, but that doesn't ensure quality control or uncontaminated products. On when and how often, it depends on why the person is taking them.
    Whatever he sees works best for him. May have to experiment.
    Same thing he eats now.
    5. Can he do cardio?
    Of course
    If you want to look like a lightbulb, then this is true.
    Steroids don't ensure a great physique. One can take them, don't work out correctly, eat in surplus and gain a bunch of fat, and look like crap.
    IMO, steroids should only be used if one is going to competitively compete in non natural bodybuilding competitions or if actual testosterone markers are actually really low (which then a real endocrinologist would administer correct dosage). Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1. On your balls. Ignore the warning label. Obviously explosively large balls is the way to go.
    2. I'm not sure....I had to....I mean a friend had to triple up just to get buds started of aforementioned balls. I hear that's in these days.
    3. The kind they inject into cows utters.
    4.bwahaha....pm me for that answer ;)
    5.no, cardio is very bad! Unless you shave and astroglide your inner thighs....you know, so the gonads can get a smooth swing action. Try not to enjoy too much though.
    6. I'm on a tight schedule and I need to shave my mustache and moobs.....got a hot date tonight. Sorry I had to skip this one!

Good luck and I expect pics of results.

what is it with you and balls?? lol. so should he take them directly in his balls or are you joking?
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    Can you say "Hello back acne!!"

no but he can
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options

If it's oral of course in your mouth. If it's an injection, depends if one is doing site injection or not.
    Unless through a "doctor", then they're illegal. Out of the country is the option, but that doesn't ensure quality control or uncontaminated products. On when and how often, it depends on why the person is taking them.
    Whatever he sees works best for him. May have to experiment.
    Same thing he eats now.
    5. Can he do cardio?
    Of course
    If you want to look like a lightbulb, then this is true.
    Steroids don't ensure a great physique. One can take them, don't work out correctly, eat in surplus and gain a bunch of fat, and look like crap.
    IMO, steroids should only be used if one is going to competitively compete in non natural bodybuilding competitions or if actual testosterone markers are actually really low (which then a real endocrinologist would administer correct dosage). Good luck.

IDEA Fitness member

thanks for the help bud
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Being born an raised in the birthplace of weight lifting, body building and unfortunately steriods in the USA, tell your friend that all he needs to know about them is that he is an idiot if he uses them.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    MFP frowns upon this. Go to 4chan and go on /fit/ where they'll be more helpful/anonymous.
  • GoalSoClose
    Options
    Can't exactly see why this question can't be taken seriously. I'm not a steroid user but do lift weights and have done some kind of research. I believe to each there own, someone taking steroids has no impact on me so I might aswell attempt to "educate" on the topic just so people know what they are getting into. There are two kinds, ones you take orally, or that you inject. Granted both are highly toxic to your liver. The kind that you take and dosage depends on your goals, to gain muscle, or to keep muscle (and possibly gain) while leaning out. Said person can do cardio but when trying to gain mass cardio will set you back unless you want to eat more to make up for the burned calories. Chicken legs aren't cool so would definitely suggest working out your legs. As mentioned by someone else, I would not take them unless I plan on competing. You can look and perform good naturally, just do not compare yourself to any of these guys in magazines and websites who take steroids and get paid just to sell products that did not help them achieve there physique. Anyone under 25 should not take steroids (testosterone levels are still good). Best to work hard and reach your genetic potential, if said person is not satisfied then that is there personal decision if they want to take steroids or not.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Can't exactly see why this question can't be taken seriously. I'm not a steroid user but do lift weights and have done some kind of research. I believe to each there own, someone taking steroids has no impact on me so I might aswell attempt to "educate" on the topic just so people know what they are getting into. There are two kinds, ones you take orally, or that you inject. Granted both are highly toxic to your liver.The kind that you take and dosage depends on your goals, to gain muscle, or to keep muscle (and possibly gain) while leaning out. Said person can do cardio but when trying to gain mass cardio will set you back unless you want to eat more to make up for the burned calories. Chicken legs aren't cool so would definitely suggest working out your legs. As mentioned by someone else, I would not take them unless I plan on competing. You can look and perform good naturally, just do not compare yourself to any of these guys in magazines and websites who take steroids and get paid just to sell products that did not help them achieve there physique. Anyone under 25 should not take steroids (testosterone levels are still good). Best to work hard and reach your genetic potential, if said person is not satisfied then that is there personal decision if they want to take steroids or not.
    Actually it's oral steroids that are much more toxic to the liver. Since injectables don't pass through the digestive system, high toxicity isn't as much an issue on the liver. (unless dosage is very, very high).

IDEA Fitness member
  • GoalSoClose
    Options
    True, have actually heard of people who cycled steroids in safe amounts over periods of time and have kept a healthy liver. Not sure how many kept there testicles from shrinking lol but those are a few of the side effects of steroid abuse. Would never use them just for the simple fact that they do not give permanent results when it comes to muscle gain. Plus all the cycling on & off as well as taking stuff when you get off just so your body can stabilize itself, nah too much work involved for me.
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I realize this is some kind of joke, but there really is no place for this on this site, joke or not. Take it somewhere else
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Having to take high dose steroids for MS and asthma; I cannot imagine anyone WANTING to take them. Side effects are horrendous and I believe hazardous to your health. Say no to these things, some stuff cannot be reversed. I have been doing steroids for yrs and very high doses, like 30,000 mg in 3 days then 400 mg for weeks then 130/day for months. I quit them last August and am building muscle slowly but surely without them.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    True, have actually heard of people who cycled steroids in safe amounts over periods of time and have kept a healthy liver. Not sure how many kept there testicles from shrinking lol but those are a few of the side effects of steroid abuse. Would never use them just for the simple fact that they do not give permanent results when it comes to muscle gain. Plus all the cycling on & off as well as taking stuff when you get off just so your body can stabilize itself, nah too much work involved for me.
    When I first started lifting (1983), steroids in the gym were a regular thing (I worked out in a hole in the wall gym, then Gold's) and considered seriously taking them to get bigger faster. But I was so broke at the time, that I had to work on weekends just to get enough gas to fill my car up.
    I eventually gave up on wanting to juice after my 5th contest because of how much I heard people were paying to stay on them. And now I'm glad I didn't do them since I know lots of people who still use them because they FEAR getting smaller.
    And nowadays, you just can't take anabolics. Anti aromatase is also needed to prevent gyno. And since they're illegal, buying them through the mail doesn't ensure that what one is getting is authentic. Could be laced with something else.
    I have a friend who lives in San Diego who crosses the border once a week to get his shots.
    So I've been content with just doing it natural, although each year my strength has gone down little by little. Most of my size is still there though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I realize this is some kind of joke, but there really is no place for this on this site, joke or not. Take it somewhere else
    It's education on the subject. Not condoning it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Having to take high dose steroids for MS and asthma; I cannot imagine anyone WANTING to take them. Side effects are horrendous and I believe hazardous to your health. Say no to these things, some stuff cannot be reversed. I have been doing steroids for yrs and very high doses, like 30,000 mg in 3 days then 400 mg for weeks then 130/day for months. I quit them last August and am building muscle slowly but surely without them.
    So you were on anabolic/androgenic steroids? I'm betting you were on corticosteroids which aren't the same.

IDEA Fitness member
This discussion has been closed.