Large chested girls-- Running advice?

Options
I'm not usually much of a runner and stick to my gym machines but now that the weathers been getting nicer ive been going for runs around the block once in a while to switch things up. My only problem is I have to physically hold my boobs to run comfortably?? I do wear a regular bra and a sports bra over it but it doesnt seem to do it for me....Should I just add a 2nd sports bra? Do I need one with more compression or something?

Replies

• heartzyoga
    Options
    I used to wear two sports bra and a performance tank top, I found a really good bra at Old Navy so now I'm solid =)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    36HH here and I use panache. enell is also good as well.
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How big?

I've had bigguns forever and the best never-bounce bra I've ever had was an Enell. They are expensive. They seriously mash you down, but you won't jiggle. At all.
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Spend the money on a good sports bra! I have an under armor sports bra and love it! It was expensive (like 50 bucks) but I wear it a lot and just wash it a lot haha.. Ps. I am a C cup (was a D not too long ago)
  • diglady
    diglady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to buy expensive sports bras from Lucy but found that a regular one that is snug (you can get them at Costco) provides plenty of support. However there is that uniboob problem. I just try to ignore it. I once read a really funny line by Dolly Parton about running and big boobs. She said she can't be a runner or she'd get two black eyes. Glad someone has a sense of humor about it!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wear a regular sports bra, then on top of that, get a body armor sports bra (zips in front, black, cross straps, heavy duty). I'm an E and haven't had any issues with it. Worth the money for the girls.

(I am wearing the body armor bra in my profile pic, notice the lack of uniboob)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Two bras. Two. One to smash them down and hold them super tight, and one over the top to press it down even more. You will be so glad you did! Try them on. I have cheap, I have expensive, I find some of the cheap ones are best for the bottom smash them down layer. LOL!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Another vote for an Enell bra. It was worth every penny because it really works. Nothing else I tried on did.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have the maximum support sports bra from VS and absolutely love it! I have a yoga shirt with a 'built in bra' in it that I wear over my sports bra, but that bra has made a world of difference!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Get a GOOD sports bra. I wince for you!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    V5-1233077-001_LD.jpg

Get a size smaller than you would with a normal bra. Works like a dream, I promise.
  • tinapredmore
    tinapredmore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports Bra all the way. It is worth every penny. I'm triple D and have not found anything in my size that comes close to the stability.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    do smaller chested women need enell too? or is a regular sportsbra enough? i feel comfortable in a regular sportsbra, though there is still some bouncing
  • kat_s24
    kat_s24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I wear a 36J and am interested in trying the bras you mentioned. Can you tell me where to find them in such a large size, since my research hasn't found any bigger than DDD. Thank you.

kat
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra under a sports bra.. IMO, if you are 36B and up, you should be protecting your girls well when you run
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36J and am interested in trying the bras you mentioned. Can you tell me where to find them in such a large size, since my research hasn't found any bigger than DDD. Thank you.

Enells are sized strangely. I found mine at a specialty bra store. Go on their website and find a location near you. The store I went to had other sports bras, but when I did jumping jacks in the dressing room, the Enell was the only one that kept me from bouncing uncomfortably.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yeah Enell's are Size 1, 2, 3, etc. There is a good size chart on their site.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. Regular bra smushed into a sports bra was miserable and was giving me a rash, so I asked on here and someone said Moving Comfort. Best investment ever. They are comfortable, provide awesome support, and as an added bonus, they are rather cute. I highly suggest them. Huge fan of the Fiona bra.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    do smaller chested women need enell too? or is a regular sportsbra enough? i feel comfortable in a regular sportsbra, though there is still some bouncing

Smaller women can't get Enell ..... I've tried.

I hate the bouncing ...... I wear two (inexpensive) bras .... or Nike makes a good sports bra for us smaller ladies. Not all bras labeled "high-impact" .... are as advertised ..... you really need to "test" them out in the dressing room.