Does the scale go up with Couch to 5K?

Options
happyheart15
happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
Did anyone experience the scale going up with Couch to 5K? I know it would be temporary and water weight. I'm just curious.

Replies

• ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it depends, but I just finished the program (ran my 3 miles today, it was awesome) and the scale has been going down. If it does go up, I would attribute it to muscle gain. Good luck with the program, it is totally doable and I am actually enjoying running now!
  • happyheart15
    Options
    Thanks. :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuated for first month of C25K, and then dropped steadily from week 5 on. I think it was water weight triggered by the switch from low impact cardio (elliptical) to high impact.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that! I'm also switching from elliptical to C25k and I was wondering about the higher number I'm seeing.
  • kwaldr0p
    kwaldr0p Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I was doing it I had gained 10 lbs! I was like whaaaa?! haha
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nope, not for me. My scales have gone down down down.
  • BlueJayLaw
    BlueJayLaw Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow...

I will let you know :)
  • getnsexyn2013
    Options
    I'm in week 2 and I've seen the scale go up. I'm going to stick with it though because I do actually like being able to run longer than 30 secs :)
  • sandyinsc
    sandyinsc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in Week 5 and the scale has been consistent.
  • anewsam
    anewsam Posts: 9
    Options
    First 3/4 weeks my scales were all over the place. Quite a sharp loss at the start but then plateaued and even went up a bit. Since then they've been consistently on a downward trend :)
  • happyheart15
    Options
    Thanks.
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 and the scale hasn't budged.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Could be water retention in your sore muscles, could be muscle added, could be you eat too much because you feel ravenous from running.....just keep swimming...errr....running:-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!