my arm before and after, 64lb down

Options
kittyr77
kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
Hi everyone :)
I've never posted photos before but wanted to share a bit of my progress.
Started April 2012 at 5'5" and 201lb. I had always been fairly slim until I was on very high dose steroids for six months. I piled on weight everywhere, particularly my face, neck, arms and belly.
So 9 months later I was down to 140lb from consistent calorie deficit and five to six workouts a week. Started off with body balance, combat, jam, zumba. Added in body step. Been doing body pump since October.
My ultimate goal is 126-131 not quite decided but the last few months I've been eating more and working on fitness and strength and Im now 137lb.
What I really wanted to share was arm photos. Before was at a wedding, I had to cover them up so you can't tell that much in the photo but they were huge, I felt awful, hadn't seen friends in so long and I was just so embarrassed.
The second photo is from last month, about 7lb off goal weight, after 5 months of body pump.
I never measured my arms unfortunately but chest-waist-hips gone from 34gg-38-47 to 30g-27-38.
Please be kind, never posted body photos before!

?action=view&current=2011-10-15160829-2_zpsff33e6c0.jpg

?action=view&current=2013-03-19191701_zps79408fe8.jpg

Replies

• kittyr77
    Options
    I had a feeling I wouldn't get these pics to work...!
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    2011-10-15160829-2_zpsff33e6c0.jpg
    2013-03-19191701_zps79408fe8.jpg
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    lP4EbZJ.jpg
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Thank you hungrypotato you are a sweety! :)
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Thank you hungrypotato you are a sweety! :)

Np and also great work!!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well done Kitty! So there is 'life after huge arms'? I feel much better now...I was afraid that, although I'm working out, everything would just hand off me at the end of my weight loss journey. :smile:
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Well done Kitty! So there is 'life after huge arms'? I feel much better now...I was afraid that, although I'm working out, everything would just hand off me at the end of my weight loss journey. :smile:

Thanks :) lol yes there definitely is! I have been a good twenty pounds lighter as an adult but my arms were never as small and tight as they are now. Weights are your huge arms' best friends! ;) good luck you can do it! X
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You've done brilliantly kitty!!!!! You look great!
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Thanks Chrisjathomps!!
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Thanks fozz, still a work in progress but I've got another wedding in 3 weeks and this time I can't wait to wear my dress :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Looking great, Kitty! :flowerforyou:
  • mizbah09
    mizbah09 Posts: 7
    Options
    congrats to you but i hear many people need skin removal surgery after lossing alof of weight but you are so lucky so you just lift weight or did any other thing i need advices please iam scared of getting much skin later thanks
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Amazing progress! Well done.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Started April 2012 at 5'5" and 201lb. I had always been fairly slim until I was on very high dose steroids for six months. I piled on weight everywhere, particularly my face, neck, arms and belly.
    So 9 months later I was down to 140lb from consistent calorie deficit and five to six workouts a week. Started off with body balance, combat, jam, zumba. Added in body step. Been doing body pump since October.
    My ultimate goal is 126-131 not quite decided but the last few months I've been eating more and working on fitness and strength and Im now 137lb.
    What I really wanted to share was arm photos. Before was at a wedding, I had to cover them up so you can't tell that much in the photo but they were huge, I felt awful, hadn't seen friends in so long and I was just so embarrassed.
    The second photo is from last month, about 7lb off goal weight, after 5 months of body pump.
    I never measured my arms unfortunately but chest-waist-hips gone from 34gg-38-47 to 30g-27-38.

I would really like to know your work out routine for those lovely arms.:smile:
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I hate my arms. They still seem huge/fat.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would kill for arms like that - amazing job!!!
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Newmelady - thanks! Like I said, about 3 cardio a week, one body balance and two body pump. Its a choreographed group workout using barbells, it's a whole body workout, great for arms and shoulders too tho!
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

I would really like to know your work out routine for those lovely arms.:smile:

Me too. I would love for my arms to look like that!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    great work-your arms look fabulous- how heavy are your hand weights?
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Umm not very heavy i don't think. My muscles were very weak after the steroid therapy though, so its good for me .This is what I do at body pump, each track is quite a few minutes long so quite high reps -
    using barbell-
    warm-up 7kg
    squats 20kg
    Lunges 10kg
    chest 5kg (I have a shoulder injury and can't do heavy on wide grip)
    Biceps and triceps 7kg
    Back 10kg
    shoulders -2.5kg each side
    then abs just when you think you're done lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!