MIO - Classic Select Heart Rate Watch

Options
Anyone else have one?? I can't figure out how many calories I'm burning... I've only found an option that allows you to input calories, but I can't find any equation to figure out calories burned.

Someone please help!!
THANKS!

Here's a link to the watch: http://www.miowatch.com/products/miopink

Replies

• VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have one. You have to set all your stats in it. Your weight, age, and your resting heart rate. Once you do all that you go to the CRN mode (chronometer) and press start. You can take your pulse every so ofter. The manual tells you to do this if you increase or decrease your workout. This times your workout and will tell you how many calories you burned during your workout. Does this make sense?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    for that price, I would get one with a chest strap, it seems like it would be more accurate
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have one. You have to set all your stats in it. Your weight, age, and your resting heart rate. Once you do all that you go to the CRN mode (chronometer) and press start. You can take your pulse every so ofter. The manual tells you to do this if you increase or decrease your workout. This times your workout and will tell you how many calories you burned during your workout. Does this make sense?

Yes, it does. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I don't know how I skipped over that part and I read the user guide several times. :grumble:

I found the user guide online in case the thing about the Chronometer isn't on my user guide at home.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I. Usinginging Exercicise chchronomete onometeonometeonometeonometer
    • Press MODE 3 times to go from TIME to CHRONOMETER (CRN).
    • Press SET/START to start your workout.
    • Record your heart rate anytime while exercising, but particularly when you increase or decrease the intensity of the workout for a more accurate calorie expenditure.
    • After your heart rate and percentage of maximum heart rate appear, the number of calories burned since starting the timer will appear.
    • To display the lap/split time during your workout, press MODE/LAP. The chronometer time will continue running in the background. To return to the running chronometer, press MODE/LAP again.
    • To pause your workout press STOP. Press SET/START to resume your workout.
    • Press STOP when finished.
    • Press STOP again to view the total number of calories burned. If you did not measure your heart rate, this resets the CHRONO to zero.
    • The SET icon also flashes. If you don’t want to deduct the calories burned from your DAILY CALORIE INTAKE, press stop a third time. CHRONO is cleared to zero.
    • To deduct the calories burned from your DAILY CALORIE INTAKE, hold SET until beep (2 seconds). CHRONO is cleared to zero.
    • Your updated Daily Calorie Intake (DCI) briefly appears with CAL IN at top left. If your update DCI is negative, CAL IN MINUS appears above the digit total.
    To return to TIME, press MODE 5 times or wait 60 seconds.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have one and I did the same thing as you lol I emailed them for technical support and finally figured out that I had to start the timer. OMG I felt like such a fool :blushing: I love mine and take regular readings while I workout for more accuarcy
  • cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    I agree with jrich...sell it and get a HRM with a chest strap. It constantly checks your heart rate, therefore, you see the right amount of calories burned.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I agree with jrich...sell it and get a HRM with a chest strap. It constantly checks your heart rate, therefore, you see the right amount of calories burned.

Why would she do that? I have no issues with my MIO HRM. Just because you use a different one does not mean this one won't work for her. Now that she has figured it out she will be fine. Let her try it. She didn't ask if it was a good one she just asked for help using her HRM that she bought. Sorry if I sound cranky but I don't see why she should have to get rid of something that works fine.
  • andyxbear
    Options

Why would she do that? I have no issues with my MIO HRM. Just because you use a different one does not mean this one won't work for her. Now that she has figured it out she will be fine. Let her try it. She didn't ask if it was a good one she just asked for help using her HRM that she bought. Sorry if I sound cranky but I don't see why she should have to get rid of something that works fine.

I agree. I didn't ask for suggestions, but thanks anyways. I'm keeping the one I have and if I want to get a chest strap, it can easily be purchased separately at Academy. =]

It doesn't matter if it's close to your chest or your wrist like most people think because I've tested my MIO by placing it on my wrist and on my chest. The readings were the exact same each time.

I love my MIO!!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think the MIO does monitor your BPM while you workout regardless of whether you check it manually or not. I have checked it when I start and when I finish only and also I have tried monitoring it during the actual workout and the results are all the same.
  • andyxbear
    Options
    I just used it and it works perfectly! I'm so excited now. Thanks again, Kerri!