Sugary problem!

Options
How much grams of sugar do you guys normally take?
if i'm taking around 50g a day with 1x from fruits, is that considered fine and i won't gain fat because of that??

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Fat is gained by a calorie surplus.

There's no need to track sugar unless you have a medical reason to do so. Just watch your overall carb and calorie intake.

And . . . what are you doing later?
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options

There's no need to track sugar unless you have a medical reason to do so. Just watch your overall carb and calorie intake.

but i thought too much sugar/protein/fat intake will lead to weight gain as well?
    lol im gonna play badminton today.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Nooooo! As long as your calories in is less than your calories out YOU WON'T GAIN WEIGHT.

Your TDEE is bound to be around 2000 or more and you're only eating 1200 or less, that means you'd have to nom down 800+ calories before you would come close to gaining weight.

You could eat 700 calories of extra sugar (not a good idea for nutirition or teeth I think) but you'd not gain weight by doing it.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Many of us don't eat processed sugar, just because it's bad for you, it is usually high calorie, high fat and low nutritional value. Don't worry about going over on sugar, especially if its all natural sugar.
  • josiemaria90
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it! I go over my sugar allowance every day but it's mainly due to eating fruit. If I eat a few slices of pineapple it puts me over my sugar limit. Seems silly doesn't it!
  • Cr01502
    Options

but i thought too much sugar/protein/fat intake will lead to weight gain as well?

Too much sugar (i.e. carbohydrate), fat, and protein intake will increase body fat. All these things contain calories so if your calories consumed are less that your calories expended than you will lose weight. :smile:

You should totally call off badminton and grab a drink with me instead.
  • beskinnyzoe
    Options

Too much sugar (i.e. carbohydrate), fat, and protein intake will increase body fat. All these things contain calories so if your calories consumed are less that your calories expended than you will lose weight. :smile:

well the drink isn't gonna help me burn some calories.
  • kt_kat_88
    kt_kat_88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i was curious about the sugar intake too. currently im still 458 calories short for the day but my sugar is already over by 30.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I read over 50 posts yesterday on sugar. I am always over on the sugar but under my caloric intake. I read that often lowfat is substitued with sugar. Today I went to buy my regular organic plain yogurt and indeed, the lowfat has 6 gms of sugar more per serving than the full fat. The full fat has 160 calories per cup and the lowfat has 110 for the same amount. So today I bought the plain, which of course is much more delicious. I felt guilty having my yogurt but it was sooo good. So, is it better to have the lower calories with higher sugar or the higher calories with lower sugar?
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    ....So, is it better to have the lower calories with higher sugar or the higher calories with lower sugar?

For weight loss it doesn't matter a jot as long as you're at a calorie deficit. :)

Nutritionally, if eating either would still keep you at a calorie deficit, then I'd pick the one with less sugar.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i usually have 2 fruits and one chocolate bar every day and boom it goes up to a hundred :(
    sucks.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    i track sugar just because i don't want to go over by 100 or anything. However i am over every single day. It does not matter at all.
  • Cr01502
    Options

well the drink isn't gonna help me burn some calories.

We'll burn the calories later.

Don't worry I'll make sure you're in a deficit.