680 calories left

Options
What should i do im not hungry and have used 982 calories for the day. Im on a 1610 calorie diet all my cards fat and protein are good as well for the day. So should i just let it go or at least eat 1,000 calories. Im not starving either ive lost weight before by just eating twice a day.

Thanks,

Cody Perry

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    What should i do im not hungry and have used 982 calories for the day. Im on a 1610 calorie diet all my cards fat and protein are good as well for the day. So should i just let it go or at least eat 1,000 calories. Im not starving either ive lost weight before by just eating twice a day.

If you're not hungry, don't forcefeed yourself, well that's just my opinion anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • alexia99
    alexia99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If I only ate when I was hungry, I wouldn't need this website!!
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Consider that a huge bonus, will help the pounds fall off even quicker if you manage that more frequently !

Had to laugh when i read that comment, so so true! ;)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Have some frozen yogurt!:laugh:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    At least get to 1200. Treat yourself to dessert tonight if you have to.
  • smpadilla
    smpadilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was working with a trainer for a while and he told me that even if I'm not hungry to get those needed snacks in to kick start your metabolism. Some times I eat to get the needed calories even if I'm not hungry, and yes, I force myself. I find if I don't take in enough calories my weight loss slows down, for me, but obviously everyone is different. =) Good luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: plan to eat a bigger breakfast in the future.....get the bulk of your calories before midday.....right now, if I were you, I'd be eating peanut butter. :smile:
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could buy, sell, trade or borrow calories??????
  • haseo15
    haseo15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could buy, sell, trade or borrow calories??????

lol ya that would work for me.

Thanks,

Cody
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    First off how the heck do you meet the fiber (etc etc) needs off of so few cals. By your name I will assume you are a guy and it is completely unhealthy to only eat 982 cal's. As a female the bare min is 1200. I would say defiantly eat more, maybe a grilled salmon salad some of the higher cal foods that are good for you.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    1200 is the best number for continued weight loss and fuel for your body. Anything less throws your metabolism off. The human body is amazing and it has its needs. It will do anything that it can to survive. Thus if you continue this behavior your body is going to go into starvation mode and start storing fat for future use. This is weight loss in reverse and not what your ultimate mission is. One day of this will not harm you however this cannot continue and become your way of weight loss.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

That's the thing that the OP is saying though, they are not hungry.

This is supposed to be a lifestyle change, all this sticking foods in our mouths even when we are not hungry is defeating the object.

Each to their own I guess :smile:
  • haseo15
    Options
    There we go i got 1,198 for the day.

Cody
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Nooo......

If your not hungry don't eat and definitely don't have an empty calorie dessert just to have calories.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If this is a one time or rare event, don't stress it. Not eating adequately for a day or two won't hurt you. However, nearly 700 calories is a lot to be short, so I'd have a healthy snack planned in the event your ghrelin hormone kicks in. And I would definitely not make under eating a habit.

The reason calorie goals are set are to ensure we ingest adequate nutrition to keep us healthy. Sick and skinny is no fun at all.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

Nooo......

If your not hungry don't eat and definitely don't have an empty calorie dessert just to have calories.

I eat to keep my metabolism going. Food is fuel. Even if the gas tank in your car isn't completely empty, it's better for its general performance to keep it full. KWIM?

And dessert doesn't have to be empty calories. Lots of fresh fruit, drizzled with sweetened condensed milk is very good. So is 1 ingredient ice cream, and peanut butter on graham crackers. Even a larabar is good!
  • renarda08
    renarda08 Posts: 2
    Options
    if u are no hungry why eat???? unless there is a snack u have been waiting to eat and you know you are doing a great job..... have a special treat.....
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Maybe a piece of fruit and another glass of water? What I've been doing with the extra cals is having some fruit with 1/2 serving of yogurt - and I really enjoy it! Healthy and not many calories. You should probably try to get 3 small meals in - just to make sure your sugar balance doesn't get out of whack. I'm not a doc, but read a lot and know some hypoglycemics!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    1200 is the best number for continued weight loss and fuel for your body.

For women. The OP is a 19 yr old man. The minimum for men is higher. 1500 or 1800, idk don't quote me.
  • haseo15
    Options
    Ya it tells me my minimum in 1200 so ill stick somewhere around that area 1200 to 1400.

Thanks,

Cody