Getting healthy for my wedding!

Options
Hi everyone!
I have long been one of these people that 'never has enough time to loose weight' or 'i'll make time to cook a meal from scratch tomorrow' or even 'tomorrow can be gym day'... but I just realised that tomorrow never comes...
I'm getting married to the man of all my hopes, dreams and wishes in August of this year- he is 6ft tall, and weights 10stone [140pounds] he's currently trying to put on weight/tone his muscles so I've always eaten to same HUGE portions he's plated up and the same high carb/ high fat plate he eats, the difference he burns it off... i lounge around behind a desk, or on the sofa on my days off!!
I'm ready to admit guys- i'm lazy, and I DO need to loose weight- i need to stop feeling breathless at the top of the stairs, at the age of 20!!
I'm hoping to meet people on here that will help motivate me to get healthy for our wedding- a problem shared is a problem halved right!?
Good luck to all of you out there that are starting out loosing like me, and well done to those of you who are doing well- you guys are my inspiration!

Catherine ,20 ,England

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - a real step in the right direction :)

It can be done, I promise you - I started off at 16 stone and the gym was a place for mentalists and masochists as far as I was concerned, and my main intimate relationship was with Greggs. Loathed exercise, loved rubbish food, and the scales reflected that.

This is one of the hardest things you'll ever do (although I noted you gave up the cigs, well done!), but you have a wonderful motive and you CAN do it.

Feel free to add me; I log more or less daily :)

xxx
  • josiemaria90
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I always say "oh i'll go to the gym tomorrow because im too tired today" or my favourite "i'll eat what I want today and then start being good tomorrow". I've also been looking for people to add who are a similar age to me and in the UK so I've added you :)
  • I fellow Gregs lover.... We are definitely on the same page!! Thank you so much for you support!! x
  • Thank for adding me! :D I know it's quite hard to find people around my age that are trying to loose weight- most are at uni out partying!! x
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Added you!

I was a different form of I'll start it tomorrow - I would be good for a week, smaller portions, less junk, going to the gym, then I would get sick or stressed and stop going to the gym "until I have more time" except I never seemed to, hahah. This happened about 3 or 4 times in the last months of 2012. I started this time around in midJanuary and so far have been able to come back from every dive off the fitness wagon virtually unscathed :')
  • Added you!

I was a different form of I'll start it tomorrow - I would be good for a week, smaller portions, less junk, going to the gym, then I would get sick or stressed and stop going to the gym "until I have more time" except I never seemed to, hahah. This happened about 3 or 4 times in the last months of 2012. I started this time around in midJanuary and so far have been able to come back from every dive off the fitness wagon virtually unscathed :')

Good for you hunni!! Look forward to keeping up with your progress, and motivating eachother!! x