Not losing pounds

Options
Im working out pretty hard eating healthy and as much as i can while remaining ONLY a healthy amount under my calorie goal. And drinking all my water. I feel tighter and healthier but in 3 weeks I still haven't lost a single pound. I'm thinking about trying those wraps u wear on thighs and belly while working out . You know the ones at wal mart with the Velcro . Wek anyways thts not the point. I having trouble dropping pound but I feel I'm doing everything right. Any suggestions ???

Replies

• m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell unless you share your log.

Those things are designed to make you lose water weight not fat. They're great for fighters that need to drop down quickly to make a weight class but then the intention is to very quickly gain the weight again.
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    You should be eating AT your goal, not under. the goal is what you should eat to lose weight. That's my guess.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    It is frustrating. I started the gym etc at the beginning of march and lost nothing for the whole of that month. It was only when I weighed this week that I dropped a pound. I have taken my measurements and before pics at the start fo this month. Will re-evaluate them at the start of next month and just do it like that and hop on the scale monthly too.
  • manal2288
    manal2288 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    try to eat more vigetables and fruits
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say without knowing what exactly you're doing.

What's your calorie goal?

Do you use a food scale to weigh all food and measuring cups/spoons for free-pouring liquids? Are you entering your own recipes?

Opening your diary would also be helpful.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's not all about the scale, try taking measurements, body fat %, and photos as well...frequently those will show much more dramatic results than the number on the scale.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to open your diary and you will get a lot of good advice from people here!

And that velcro belt...don't waste your money. You might lose water weight from the extra sweating, but that is the kind you gain back when you have your next glass of water. They don't work.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Simplest thing I say to everyone- Take your measurements and body fat % its more accurate than BMI or your weight!

using weight as a target loss can cause under eating and a loss of muscle mass which is not the goal unless you want to be skinny fat.

When hitting the gym muscle growth causes a higher metabolism and muscle is more lean and compact compared to fat so inches will be lost but your weight could go up.

Train hard dont worry about the scales and give your body the chance to adjust to your new healthy routine and training regime
  • P3tra_H
    P3tra_H Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that muscle density is higher than fat density.
  • eastcoastcountrygirl
    eastcoastcountrygirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I have been doing the gym (cardio + weight circuit) 3 times a week for 6 weeks, and haven't lost any pounds yet. BUT, I notice great improvement in my energy level, and my arms - wow, I'm actually seeing results! So those things are encouraging.
    I'm really going to try watching my foods much more closely and be way more intentional about my tracking.
    Still, I don't rely on the scale, my favorite thing is when my pants start to feel looser!!

Hopefully it will come!
  • shortxtina
    shortxtina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would try taking your measurements as well... I've been working out 4-5 days a week and I have had times where my weight remains the same, but I lose inches in my waist, hips, or thighs... You may notice your clothes feeling loser... that's a great indicator too.
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    Took me about 4 weeks before I started to see the scale move down as well. You body has to readjust to the new lifestyle.

Also, you should be NETTING your calorie goal, not the TOTAL consumed for the day, especially if you are working out hard. Your body will not be willing to let the fat go if you are not eating enough. I eat about 1500-2300 calories per day, but after I workout, I am under 1200 calories.

100oz of water per day will also help your metabolism operate and its optimum capacity.

Hope this helps!