Rockin Body or Insanity the Asylum?...I need your help!

Options
So, I have been doing Insanity for a year and am getting kind of bored with it. I am 38 yrs old female, Insanity veteran and a long distance runner. I really like the idea of Insanity the Asylum because it looks really hard and I love a challenge, but Rockin Body is only $20. If you have done both Insanity and Rockin Body, please let me know if you think I will find it challenging enough to stick with it. I don't think I will like it if I still feel like I need to work out when I am done. If it is a really challenging dance video, in Shawn T. style, then maybe I would like the change of pace.
Any thoughts?

Replies

• liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have both and I've done Rockin Body exactly twice. I'm not a fan, nor is it anywhere near the workout Insanity is. But if you're bored with your current routine and like to dance, it might be a good fit for you.

Shaun T is super different in the Rockin Body videos from his Insanity persona -- it's actually really funny.
  • karriearm
    karriearm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I decided to order the Asylum. I like to be in a puddle of sweat when I am done working out and was thinking the Rockin Body wouldn't be as hard, but couldn't really tell from the promo's.
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am currently doing "rockin body" to help me prepare for insanity. If you are more advanced and have done insanity or those similar, I would suggest skipping "rockin body". It is a fun workout but I am afraid it may not be enough of a challenge for you. At 20 dollars though it is worth getting it just to add in a fun cardio workout now and then when you are bored.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Asylum is a great program!!! I think you made the right choice. My wife has rocking body and to me it doesn't seem like a real workout. Asylum will certainly challenge you....when you are done with Vol1 you can move into Vol2 which I think is even better!!!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just got Rockin Body and tried it out today. I've got a lot of weight to loose, and am pretty out of shape, and well, the Mark Move and Groove got me sweating, but I never found it particularly hard. I've been doing Petra Kolbers Cardio for Beginners (among other things) and the "athletic workout" made me actual breathe a bit harder. I scanned the other tracks and they look a bit harder..but nothing that makes me go ack I couldn't do that..definitely no worse than the zumba class (a somewhat slower paced regular zumba) I'm already taking. I think I will like the workout though, it looks kind of fun and its a different style and probably the level is just right. It looks fairly easy to make it more or less intense by how much funk you add or how big of steps you take. I really don't like all the hype or how many times he introduces himself but I kind of expected that. Also the music is kind of funky, but fairly generic and innocuous.

I've watched promos of Insanity and on youtube and thought oh hells no so very not ready for that yet. So I suspect if you already made it through Insanity this would be too easy for you.