Getting discouraged need support

Options
This is the first time I have ever put a post up, but I figured it was a good place to start. I have been on many, many diets, lost much weight over the years and always gained it back and then some. I started myfitness pal about 2 months ago. Had a few rough weeks but have been feeling good. I have lost 15 pounds so far, however, lately I am feeling very negative and keep thinking.....15 pounds is just a drop in the bucket I have so much to lose (70 pounds to my goal weight for me but really could lose 100 yikes!). I have so much to lose and such a long way to go, plus I have done this before, how could I have let myself get back up to my current weight? I am not going to quit I am just beating myself up lately. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• marzoh
    marzoh Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey,

i feel this way too, the scale says i am the same weight 75kg but my clothes feel looser! i get down at times and feel to give up but i always remember that it's not going to be easy but at the end of it you will have made such a huge change to your life!!! when you feel down do what i do and watch a motivational vid on youtube for like 5 mins and then drum it in your head that you can achieve what you want!! hope this helps :-)
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain I started out needing to lose about 138 pounds or so. I have lost 82 so far, it has taken nearly two years to lose that, so with that math I am facing at least another year or more of losing. It is very frustrating sometimes, but better to be moving down than up.

I too have lost and gained numerous times throughout the years and I feel much better about this time around, I feel like MFP has really helped me get a handle on portion sizes, etc.

Keep going and in two months maybe you will have added another 10 or 15 lbs into that bucket.

Feel free to add me!
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I started my weight loss at 187 lbs. I was the the heaviest I ever was. I remember thinking that reaching 135 lbs was just a dream and something I would never be able to grasp.

I lost the first 20 and got to 165 and plateaued. I was distraught and kept thinking "this is so little and took so much effort!"
    Then I lost 5 lbs after switching up my routine, and it was like a refreshment! I was inspired to keep going and I did - lost another 5 lbs, and after that, lost another 5lbs. I got down to 143 where I plateaued HARD. I didn't know what to do, I thought again about just staying there.. But then I got to college and got busy, saw the weight slip off once more and BAM, inspired again! Since I got so close, I didnt give up. I flew past 135, and now Im at 128 lbs.

Do NOT give up. Ever. 15 lbs doesn't seem like much now, but 15 lbs is an AMAZING accomplishment! You just have to keep going, keep working, don't stress, and you'll get there. Dont be discouraged by a number on a scale - do what is best for your body, and your body will do what is best for you :)