HUMMMMMMUSSS:) brands?

Options
Hey! what's your favorite (besides homemade) brand of hummus and flavors? I have tried a few kinds and am looking to try more:) I love Trader Joe's mediterranean, I also really like Athenos roasted garlic, and Sabra roasted garlic. I tried fountain of health all natural roasted red pepper and I hated the texture and flavor....I don't like peppers a ton but I thought I would try it!

What do you eat yours with?? I have done pita chips, pita crackers, and flat pretzels.....have yet to try it on sandwiches or with veggies:)

Replies

• eklafont
    eklafont Posts: 5
    Options
    Sabra's roasted garlic with pine nuts is my favorite.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the brand, but it's jalapeno hummus from Costco. Yum!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Anything Sabra! Love the creamy goodness they come up with!

Edited to include they are great with pre-made cut chicken, salad mix, matchstick carrots, and tomatoes in a spinach wrap for a delicious lunch that's very filling.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Classic Hummus. Mmmm mmm mmm! On some 12 grain mini crackers.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i used to like sweet chilli from tesco (UK) but then i went off the taste a bit and now i just like plain or reduced fat from telco. I always pop like table spoons of it in the freezer and get a bit out when i want it
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Sabra's roasted garlic with pine nuts is my favorite.

Mine, too! I love it on crackers or some nice soft French bread.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Your right homemade is the best but have your tried the Tuscan one....wow nice herby flavor.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really like beetroot hummus.. Can't remember the brand name but there is one plain hummus I buy from Sainsbury's which is AMAZING! Anyway, I prefer homemade as it has a lot less oil in it.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cedars Roasted garlic only 40 cal for 2 tbsp. love it with carrots, celery, broccoli
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    sandwich or tortilla with roasted red peppers and jalopenos, even better if they're grilled. and southwest style mustard or chipotle sauce. lettuce if you like it.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I like Athenos original and love it on celery. I also do a sandwich on pocket bread with hummus, a slice of Sargento's Ultra Thin Swiss, spinace, cucumber, tomato and shredded carrots. It's one of my favorite quick lunches.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Not a big Sabra fan, but Pita Pal makes some amazing hummus. I like to get the original flavor, and use New York Style Hot Chili Pepper pita chips, or baby carrots.
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nature's Healthy Gourment. Not sure if it is just local in South Florida, but it is really good and only 50 calories for 1 oz. I have tried roasted red pepper, regular, and spinach/artichoke. It is really good.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I like the Sabra with the hot pepper paste on top. I like to make my own but it's more convenient to pick up a container at the store.

My biggest problem is eating the whole thing in one sitting!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Jalapeno Cilantro. If you mix the center mix in it's a bit spicy for me but I just leave it in the middle and love the way it tastes without it.
  • eargirl
    eargirl Posts: 15
    Options
    I like Summer Fresh brand, either regular or light. And lately I've been eating my hummus with VitaVigor sesame breadsticks or Sobey's Pop Crisps (only 20 calories and they are huge!!!)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sabra is usually my favorite because it's so creamy, but there is an Eat Well Enjoy Life black bean hummus at Target that I just looooooooooooove
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I used to get some roasted red pepper and garlic hummus from wholefoods, but once I made it in my vitamix, I haven't been able to go back to store bought. It only takes 5 minutes to make including prep time and tastes so much better!
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sabra Supremely Spicy...amazing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sabra all the way, usually garlic. They used to make Buffalo that was amazing but quickly stopped. :(

Try it with veggies and on sandwiches, warm or regular. You won't regret it. Sabra is even good on cooked broccoli.